Hide 'No' responses from completed form view

jamar....@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2020, 1:04:39 PM1/17/20
to Orbeon Forms
I'm new to Orbeon forms using version Orbeon Forms 2018.1.2.201810050007 PE.I have had to create an eForm that is very long, made up of predominantly Yes/No selection controls. I want users to be able to hide all the 'No' responses to all Yes/No controls in each form section so that the saved version of the form is not so long. Only the Yes responses are required to be viewed on the completed form and there isn't usually many of them. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Regards
Jamian

Jarosław Kowalewski

Jan 20, 2020, 10:23:13 AM1/20/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
you can try to use formula in the visibility element something like that :
not(fr:mode() = 'view') or (fr:mode() = 'view' and . = 'Yes')

ref

Let me know if it works.

//Jarek

Alessandro Vernet

Jan 27, 2020, 1:29:38 PM1/27/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jamian, did you get a chance to try Jarek's suggestion of using the
Visibility for this? If so, did it work for you?

‑Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

Jamian Manton

Feb 2, 2020, 3:26:22 PM2/2/20
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Jarek,

Apologies for the delay in responding, I have been on leave.

Thank you, yes this works as expected. I altered the code to suit a Yes/No control:
not(fr:mode() = 'view') or (fr:mode() = 'view' and ./string() = 'true'

Thanks again!

Cheers
Jamian

pt., 17 sty 2020 o 19:04 <jamar...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
I'm new to Orbeon forms using version Orbeon Forms 2018.1.2.201810050007 PE.I have had to create an eForm that is very long, made up of predominantly Yes/No selection controls. I want users to be able to hide all the 'No' responses to all Yes/No controls in each form section so that the saved version of the form is not so long. Only the Yes responses are required to be viewed on the completed form and there isn't usually many of them. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Regards
Jamian

Alessandro Vernet

Feb 4, 2020, 2:31:59 PM2/4/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Perfect Jamian, thank you for the confirmation, and thank you Jarek for the
tip!