How calculate the difference in months between two dates in Orbeon?

Władysław Czaja

Jan 15, 2021, 5:01:26 PM1/15/21
to Orbeon Forms
Here I am trying to calculate the difference in months between two dates, but when

https://demo.orbeon.com/demo/fr/orbeon/builder/edit/c7053ae8e94c829aaa1794ade5d4b4d2ef3fe9ed

When I try to use a function for the duration calculation I gets P0M

Alessandro Vernet

Jan 18, 2021, 3:37:27 PM1/18/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Władysław,

Good question: and I've linked to Michael Kay's answer below, which explains
why this doesn't come out-of-the-box with XPath.

https://stackoverflow.com/a/31484436/5295

-Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

Władysław Czaja

Jan 18, 2021, 3:55:03 PM1/18/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

Is it possible to calculate between two dates in months , but in another way, not using XPath ? Can I use Java script ?

Vlad

Władysław Czaja

Alessandro Vernet

Jan 19, 2021, 2:44:19 PM1/19/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vlad,

Formulas in Form Builder use XPath, not JavaScript, so I'm afraid that in
calculated values, or anywhere else you have a formula, you need to use
XPath.