queue empty js error - Dynamic dropdowns with Services performing the search

Pedro José Montesdeoca Álvarez

May 3, 2021, 3:19:28 AM5/3/21
to Orbeon Forms
Hi, When using the visibility property with Xpath formula for this control, making visible after not visible gives the js error 'queue empty'.

thanks

Dynamic dropdowns.jpg
Dynamic dropdowns err.jpg

Alessandro Vernet

May 4, 2021, 4:13:21 PM5/4/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

What do you mean by "making visible after not visible"? Is this in Form
Builder, or when running the form? Are you saying this happens if the
control also has a Visibility formula, becomes hidden, and then visible
again?

-Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

Pedro José Montesdeoca Álvarez

May 6, 2021, 5:26:55 AM5/6/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Initially the control is visible by default, when changing the variable that I indicate in the formula I make it not visible. Then when I change it again and make it visible, it gives the error that I indicated when starting the search.

image.png
Thanks

Alessandro Vernet

May 6, 2021, 12:55:38 PM5/6/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

Got it: I tried to reproduce this with the version of Orbeon Forms deployed
on demo.orbeon.com, and it seems to be working for me. See what I've tried
in the video below, and I've also attached the source of the form I used to
try to reproduce this. Is there something I'm missing?

dynamic-dropdown-search-visibility.mp4
<http://discuss.orbeon.com/file/t119778/dynamic-dropdown-search-visibility.mp4>
form.xml <http://discuss.orbeon.com/file/t119778/form.xml>

Pedro José Montesdeoca Álvarez

May 7, 2021, 8:19:46 AM5/7/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Alex  ,

The error occurs only when the service perform search option is selected.
Thanks.

image.png

Alessandro Vernet

May 11, 2021, 12:58:30 AM5/11/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

Got it, I cannot reproduce the problem, and created the issue #4891. I will
follow-up here when we know more about this.

https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/4891

Alessandro Vernet

May 13, 2021, 3:35:52 PM5/13/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

As an update on this one, issue #4891 is now fixed, and the fix will be
included in the upcoming Orbeon Forms PE 2020.1.4.