New blog post: "Keeping our code current"

1 view

Erik Bruchez

Dec 11, 2019, 11:01:17 AM12/11/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Jarosław Kowalewski

Dec 16, 2019, 4:05:10 PM12/16/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Nice info,
btw. did you measure any performance increase on the client-side?

//Jarek

Erik Bruchez

Dec 16, 2019, 6:43:49 PM12/16/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
> Nice info

Thanks.

> did you measure any performance increase on the client-side?

We haven't, but to be fair we don't expect performance improvements out of
this. The big win is in maintainability and future-proofing. Processing
times, on the client as well as the server, depend on other factors, such as
latency with the server and the fact that a lot of processing takes place on
the server. In the future, we hope to bring more of that to the client.

-Erik

--
Sent from: http://discuss.orbeon.com/