Date picker focus is lost and resumes back to the first field on the screen

MANISH

Oct 4, 2019, 1:22:46 AM10/4/19
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Alex - Create few fields including a date picker field. Select a date using date picker and when you tab the focus is lost and resumes back to the first field on the screen. Am i doing anything wrong here?

Alessandro Vernet

Oct 8, 2019, 3:04:57 PM10/8/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manish,

The issue you're describing doesn't remind of something I have seen. Are you
getting this with 2018.2.3? If not, can you try to download 2018.2.3, and
see if you're also reproducing that problem with that version
out-of-the-box?

‑Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

MANISH

Oct 8, 2019, 8:55:29 PM10/8/19
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Alex - I can reproduce the same in the vanilla 2018.2.3 version. Pick a date and then tabbing takes you to the first field on the screen.

Cheers
Manish

Alessandro Vernet

Oct 9, 2019, 7:27:36 PM10/9/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manish,

After the date is selected, no control has the focus, so indeed, hitting tab
will move the focus to the first control. This what you can see in:

select-date-then-tab.gif
<http://discuss.orbeon.com/file/t119778/select-date-then-tab.gif>

Is this indeed the issue you are referring to?

MANISH

Oct 10, 2019, 1:54:33 AM10/10/19
to Orbeon Forms
That's exactly what I'm referring to. Users get lost of the focus after selecting the date field.

Cheers
Manish

Alessandro Vernet

Oct 11, 2019, 1:26:15 PM10/11/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manish,

Got it, and I agree, the field should get the focus after you select a date,
so you can hit tab to change the date. We've fixed this, the change will be
in 2019.1, and I've put a link below to the issue for reference. Thank you
for the feedback!

https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/4207

Alessandro Vernet

Oct 11, 2019, 7:03:40 PM10/11/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Also in 2019.1, you'll be able to select a date in the date picker just with
the keyboard.
#GoKeyboard :)

https://twitter.com/orbeon/status/1182792877262295040

MANISH