Using PDF template and a Handwritten Field

Pedro Perestrelo

May 24, 2021, 1:06:41 PM5/24/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I created a PDF template using LibreOffice version 7.1.3, but unfortunately,
my Orbeon form (built in Form builder - 2018.2.1.201902070135 PE) contains a
handwritten signature field that isn't being shown on the PDF (I tried using
a image controller on LibreOffice, expecting it to be saved as an image).

Is there a way to save the signature in a PDF template, LibreOffice or
otherwise?

Thank you for your time.

--
Sent from: http://discuss.orbeon.com/

Alessandro Vernet

May 24, 2021, 1:32:00 PM5/24/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

Orbeon Forms can insert a handwritten signature in a PDF template, and you
can see this in with the W-9 form on https://demo.orbeon.com (click to open
the form on the link in bottom left of the page, then Review, then PDF). The
field you create for the image is just like any other text field. Orbeon
Forms just uses the Acrobat Form Field to know where you'd like you'd like
to insert the signature, so I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to
create it with LibreOffice.

https://doc.orbeon.com/form-builder/advanced/pdf-production/pdf-templates#image-attachments

I also attached a PDF for the W-9 form, so you can maybe see how the field
is done for the signature.

w9.pdf <http://discuss.orbeon.com/file/t119778/w9.pdf>

You'll let me know if you manage to make it work, or still encounter some
problem with this.

-Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

Pedro Perestrelo

May 25, 2021, 12:40:35 PM5/25/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alessandro,

It seems it was indeed capable of using a text field to capture the
signature, I misused the image controller, expecting it to be a generated
image object instead of a text field. Seeing as LibreOffice doesn't have a
Handwritten Signature controller per say, I didn't even think of using a
regular text field.

Thank you very much for the assistance!

Alessandro Vernet

May 26, 2021, 2:17:44 PM5/26/21
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, I can see how using just a plain text field for the hand written
signature doesn't seem intuitive. Thank you for the update, and I am glad
that things are working for you now.

-Alex

-----