Orbeon XBL Unit Tests

Joel Oates

Dec 10, 2020, 8:18:49 PM12/10/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

So currently we have a large range of XBL components and forms for a
workflow product which has no test coverage, I was looking into Unit tests
for Orbeon and all I could find was the old post here
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5991123/is-there-unit-test-framework-in-orbeon>
Which the links no longer work.

I need to implement unit tests for a range of XBL components and forms what
would the best too to try and implement such tests? and how much coverage am
I able to get?

Thanks,
Joel.

--
Sent from: http://discuss.orbeon.com/

Alessandro Vernet

Dec 11, 2020, 2:32:47 AM12/11/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joel,

To test client-side code, these days, I would try to give a go to Puppeteer
(see 1st link below), either directly or through something like
jest-puppeteer (see 2nd link below). Does this look like the type of
solution that would work for the testing you want to do on your XBL
components?

https://pptr.dev
https://github.com/smooth-code/jest-puppeteer

-Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

Alessandro Vernet

Dec 17, 2020, 8:25:59 PM12/17/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joel, just curious: did you already get a chance to look into using
Puppeteer? Or, maybe you were looking for something different?