Display a repeated section automatically

Firas Kammoun

Feb 3, 2017, 8:56:58 AM2/3/17
to Orbeon Forms

Hi, I want to display a repeated section , when i enter a value from a field, so i want to see the the section will repeated without clicking in the link button "insert Below".

For example :

 When i choose  "2" in the number of iteration , so i would see the too section will be generated automatically and displayed without clicking in the bouton link "insert below".

thanks,
Firas

Alessandro Vernet

Feb 3, 2017, 12:26:46 PM2/3/17
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Firas,

This isn't currently possible exclusively using the Form Builder UI. It
could be done however using custom XForms in a custom model logic. Does the
RFE in issue 3104 match your use case, or do you have something different in
mind?

https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/3104
https://doc.orbeon.com/form-runner/advanced/custom-model-logic.html

Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

Leo7

Jun 30, 2020, 10:25:38 PM6/30/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex
I have to do same with above situation. Is it possible in later version.

--
Sent from: http://discuss.orbeon.com/

Alessandro Vernet

Jun 30, 2020, 11:23:45 PM6/30/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leo,

If you indeed have the exact same case, this isn't supported yet with just
the Form Builder UI. The relevant issue now is #1658, and I've added a +1
from you it.

https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/1658

‑Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

Leo7

Jul 1, 2020, 5:16:31 AM7/1/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thank for your reply. Is there any other way possible to solve this
case?

Alessandro Vernet

Jul 1, 2020, 8:28:39 PM7/1/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leo,

Let's see: could you tell me more about your use case? (And if you cannot
share the specifics here, feel free to give us an example that would be
functionally equivalent.)

‑Alex

-----