Buttons not working in any browser

bruno.buzzi

Nov 13, 2019, 5:46:04 PM11/13/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm testing GemStone/S Persistence Layer on Orbeon Forms
2018.2.3.201905172253.

But buttons are not working in any browser. A click on any button does
nothing....
Even collapse and expand buttons are not working

No sure if it is an Orbeon issue or browser option issue...

But buttons on https://demo.orbeon.com/demo/fr/orbeon/builder/new are
working ok, but in my local installation does not work

Still researching on this ...

regards,
bruno

--
Sent from: http://discuss.orbeon.com/

Alessandro Vernet

Nov 13, 2019, 7:32:31 PM11/13/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno,

Are you seeing any error on the JavaScript console when you load the page or
press the button? If not, what about the `orbeon.log`?

‑Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

bruno.buzzi

Nov 14, 2019, 7:43:53 AM11/14/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

There is only one warning:
Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL:
http://192.168.29.129:8080/orbeon/xforms-server/b5a7a68abb70…396a50bee/orbeon-cf293d64d9874600247415c1dc7f2f09c75e83ad.js
Source Map URL: Textarea.min.js.map

But this is not the problem:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52202675/xforms-http-404-on-textarea-min-js-map-and-orbeon-form-runner-opt-js-map

It seems more related that i'm running Orbeon in a local VM Ware as http and
the site is marked as insecure:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/firefox-follows-in-chromes-footsteps-and-will-mark-all-http-pages-as-not-secure/

Still researching how to make my LOCAL http site secure ....

regards,
bruno

Alessandro Vernet

Nov 14, 2019, 6:59:28 PM11/14/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno,

Regarding the "Source map error" message, indeed, this isn't the problem.

Regarding "running Orbeon in a local VM Ware as HTTP and the site being
marked as insecure", are you loading your page with HTTP as well? If
everything is loaded with HTTP, things should work fine (in fact this is how
I run Orbeon Forms locally). Issues happen if you load the page through
HTTPS, but scripts are loaded though HTTP, in which case the browser won't
want to run JavaScript loaded through HTTP on a page loaded by HTTPS.

‑Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

bruno.buzzi

Nov 15, 2019, 2:20:27 PM11/15/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

Everything is HTTP.
Orbeon run on VM Ware Player (on Linux) and i access Orbeon through my
browser in Windows.

Now i will move to Orbeon latest version (2019) (to see if i get the same
error) but i'm getting the following error:
Nov 15, 2019 2:11:55 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
processAnnotationsJar
SEVERE: Unable to process Jar entry
[org/orbeon/oxf/fr/persistence/relational/search/part/permissionsPart.class]
from Jar
[jar:file:/usr/share/tomcat/webapps/orbeon/WEB-INF/lib/orbeon-form-runner.jar!/]
for annotations
java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedShort(DataInputStream.java:340)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.Utility.swallowMethodParameters(Utility.java:797)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.Attribute.readAttribute(Attribute.java:171)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.FieldOrMethod.<init>(FieldOrMethod.java:57)

Alessandro Vernet

Nov 15, 2019, 2:54:34 PM11/15/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno,

If everything is HTTP, you should be be good (at least for development; of
course, you'll want to use HTTPS in production). That "Unable to process Jar
entry" error message makes me suspect that this might be related to the
Tomcat or Java version you're using. Are you on Tomcat 8.5 or 9? Are you
using Java 8 or newer?

https://doc.orbeon.com/installation/tomcat#supported-tomcat-versions
https://doc.orbeon.com/installation#java-versions

‑Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

bruno.buzzi

Nov 15, 2019, 3:48:27 PM11/15/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

Yes, i was running an old version of Tomcat. Now with Tomcat 9 everything
works ok.

Also with Orbeon Forms 2019.1.0.201910220207 buttons are working as
expected.

Note sure what happen with my previous installation but now i will work with
Orbeon 2019.1

regards
bruno

Alessandro Vernet

Nov 15, 2019, 7:22:28 PM11/15/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Excellent Bruno, I'm glad the buttons are now working with 2019.1, and thanks
for the update.

‑Alex

-----