Changing the message in a system dialog box

bwallis42

Sep 15, 2019, 7:52:07 PM9/15/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I've been asked if I can change a message in the found draft for never
saved dialog. The message used is found in the apps/fr/i18n/resources.xml
file and I can make a local copy of that and change the message there but
this would create a maintenance issue in the future as I would need to keep
my copy of that file up to date.

Is there a way to override just one message from the resources file? Or
maybe another way to override what is presented in that dialog.

thanks
brian...

--
Sent from: http://discuss.orbeon.com/

Alessandro Vernet

Sep 16, 2019, 12:30:31 PM9/16/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

You can do this through properties. You can find more information about this
in the section linked below. In your case, say you want to override the
`found-draft-for-never-saved` resource. In the Form Runner resources.xml you
see it is under `detail/draft-singleton/found-draft-for-never-saved`, so
you'll want to set the property
`oxf.fr.resource.*.*.en.detail.draft-singleton.found-draft-for-never-saved`.
And note that when changing those properties, you'll need to restart the
server to see an effect, as those are aggressively cached (unlike most other
properties).

https://doc.orbeon.com/configuration/properties/form-runner#overriding-resources

You'll let me know if this works for you!

‑Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

Alessandro Vernet

Sep 23, 2019, 6:27:02 PM9/23/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian, did you get a chance to try setting the property to override
resources? If so, did that work for you?

brian.walli...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2019, 7:04:30 PM9/23/19
to Orbeon Forms
Thanks Alex, yes worked perfectly.

regards,
brian...

Alessandro Vernet

Sep 24, 2019, 12:57:28 PM9/24/19
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Excellent Brian, and thank you for the update!