build Orafce 3.3 for MS Windows platform

Pavel Stehule

Apr 11, 2016, 8:17:49 AM4/11/16
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

here is compiled dll for MS Win PostgreSQL 9.2, 9.3, 9.4 and 9.5.

Install steps:

1. unzip to some directory
2. choose right dll file, rename to orafce dll and copy to PostgreSQL lib directory
3. copy orafce.control and *.sql files to PostgreSQL share/extension directory

as user postgres run "create extension orafce" in choosed database.

Regards

Pavel

orafce-3.3.zip

PAscal L

Apr 11, 2016, 4:21:47 PM4/11/16
to Better Oracle functions support
Great, I will test it next week !
Thank you

Regards
PAscal

Nguyen Van Hoang

Apr 18, 2016, 11:01:08 PM4/18/16
to Better Oracle functions support
Useful, thank Pavel. This zip save more time for me.

Jab Jolt

May 19, 2016, 3:31:41 AM5/19/16
to Better Oracle functions support
Thanks a lot, Pavel! It works fine!
Tested on Windows Server 2008 x64, with running Postgre 9.5 (x64) on it.

Can you tell some way to circumvent the "oracle." prefix in using oracle functions? May be there is a way to extend or add namespace in Postgre?

Thanks in advance!

Pavel Stehule

May 19, 2016, 3:45:40 AM5/19/16
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com
ALTER DATABASE xxx SET search_path = oracle,public;

Pavel

Thanks in advance!

Sreenivasa Atchi

Feb 8, 2020, 12:56:18 AM2/8/20
to Better Oracle functions support
Hi Pavel,
   I am new to Postgres world. I tried to create orafce in my Postgres 11 on windows 7 but got below error.
   ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/11/lib/orafce.dll": The specified procedure could not be found.

I copied all files from orafce-3.3.zip.
Please help me in this.

Thanks,
Srini

Pavel Stehule

Feb 8, 2020, 1:30:14 AM2/8/20
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Orafce 3.3 is probably too old, where PostgreSQL 11 was not supported.

Postgres extensions have to be compiled against choosed Postgres release. You cannot to use Orafce for Postgres 10 with Postgres 11.

Install steps:

1. unzip to some directory
2. choose right dll file, rename to orafce dll and copy to PostgreSQL lib directory
3. copy orafce.control and *.sql files to PostgreSQL share/extension directory

as user postgres run "create extension orafce" in choosed database.

Regards

Pavel

Sreenivasa Atchi

Feb 8, 2020, 9:01:14 AM2/8/20
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com

Pavel Stehule

Feb 8, 2020, 9:11:23 AM2/8/20
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com
:)

Pavel

Su Vay Tranh

Nov 9, 2021, 1:41:51 PM11/9/21
to Better Oracle functions support
Hi @Pavel Stehule,

Currently, I have been doing as your instructions, however, I got the following error
Error.JPG

Could you please give me some instructions to fix this problem? I am installing orafce on Windows 10 environment and PostgreSQL 13.

I am looking forward your response. Thanks