[snapshot] - Repository

françois papon

Dec 2, 2019, 5:02:16 AM12/2/19
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it normal? May be the repository have been moved?

regards,

 François

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

Dec 2, 2019, 5:20:25 AM12/2/19
to op...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Let me check.

I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

françois papon

Dec 2, 2019, 5:25:24 AM12/2/19
to op...@googlegroups.com
Thanks JB!

I also check http://ci.ops4j.org/jenkins/ and it's very slow and unusable.

Is there an another CI for the projects? (like Travis).

regards,

François Papon
papo...@gmail.com

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

Dec 2, 2019, 6:48:38 AM12/2/19
to op...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Some Pax projects (like Pax Web) used both Jenkins AND Travis. We still have the configuration in place.

Regards
JB

Achim Nierbeck

Dec 3, 2019, 2:48:52 AM12/3/19
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

at some point I was under the impression, that Jenkins just was turned of.
Therefore I switched to CircleCI and Travis to find which one would work best.
The missing staging repo is strange though ...
If we still have the jenkins server around we should get in Contact with Niclas and Toni.
Cause then something is awfully wrong with it and should be "terminated".

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead

françois papon

Dec 3, 2019, 3:09:47 AM12/3/19
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think Travis is good but I never tested CircleCI.

I don't know if I can but I would be happy to help :)

regards,

François Papon
papo...@gmail.com

Toni Menzel

Dec 3, 2019, 3:25:23 AM12/3/19
to op...@googlegroups.com
Yep, the old Jenkins server should be terminated.
It is a sponsored piece of infrastructure that should be replaceable by SaaS offerings like Travis, CirlcleCi, Github Automation or Azure Pipelines. All of them OSS tiers. If OPS4J needs more, we might get a paid plan from one of those.

So two questions:
  •  which projects really actively use the Jenkins instance anymore?
  • Is there a favorite SaaS CI service?
Toni

Toni Menzel | rebaze.com | software delivery rebel
Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares for Software Development Teams