State of Pax-Web integrationtests?

Achim Nierbeck

Jan 11, 2020, 6:38:59 AM1/11/20
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as I wanted to take a look if the github project build is sufficient, instead of travis etc.
I wanted to check the build locally.
But right now, the integration tests don't seem to work properly.
At least not all of them.
The following tests are failing: [ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR]   WebContainerSpdyIntegrationTest.listBundles:120 Bundle should be active: org.apache.felix.scr [20]
[ERROR]   WhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest>AbstractWhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest.testRequestInfoDto_CustomContext:316->AbstractWhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest.lambda$testRequestInfoDto_CustomContext$30:316 CustomContext ServletContext not found
[ERROR] Errors:
[ERROR]   CdiIntegrationTest.testCdi » Connect Connection refused
[ERROR]   WarJsfCdiIntegrationTest.testCdi » Connect Connection refused
[ERROR]   WarJsfResourcehandlerIntegrationTest.testJsfResourceHandler » ClassNotFound or...
[ERROR]   WarJsfResourcehandlerIntegrationTest.testResourceUnavailble » ClassNotFound or...
[ERROR]   WarJsfResourcehandlerIntegrationTest.testServiceOverride » ClassNotFound org.o...
[ERROR]   WhiteboardDSRestartIntegrationTest>AbstractWhiteboardDSRestartIntegrationTest.setUp:48->AbstractControlledTestBase.installAndStartBundle:250 » Bundle
[ERROR]   WhiteboardDSRestartIntegrationTest>AbstractWhiteboardDSRestartIntegrationTest.setUp:48->AbstractControlledTestBase.installAndStartBundle:250 » Bundle
[ERROR]   WhiteboardDSRestartIntegrationTest>AbstractWhiteboardDSRestartIntegrationTest.setUp:48->AbstractControlledTestBase.installAndStartBundle:250 » Bundle
[ERROR]   WhiteboardDSRestartIntegrationTest>AbstractWhiteboardDSRestartIntegrationTest.setUp:48->AbstractControlledTestBase.installAndStartBundle:250 » Bundle
[ERROR]   WhiteboardDSRestartIntegrationTest>AbstractWhiteboardDSRestartIntegrationTest.setUp:48->AbstractControlledTestBase.installAndStartBundle:250 » Bundle
[ERROR]   WhiteboardIntegrationTest>AbstractWhiteboardIntegrationTest.testMultipleContextMappingsWithDTOsCheck:223 » IllegalState
[ERROR]   WhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest.testAllSamplesRegisteredAsExpected » Connect Co...
[ERROR]   WhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest>AbstractWhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest.testRequestInfoDto:291 » ClassCast
[ERROR]   WhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest>AbstractWhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest.testRuntimeDto:161->AbstractWhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest.withService:149 » IllegalState
[ERROR]   WhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest>AbstractWhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest.testRuntimeDtoWithFailedServices:274->AbstractWhiteboardR6DtoIntegrationTest.withService:149 » IllegalState

Is this just for me, or do we have a general problem with the project?

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

Jan 11, 2020, 7:21:09 AM1/11/20
to op...@googlegroups.com

Hi Achim,

If you checked on master, we are working on the R7 support, so we have some parts broken.

The pax-web-7.2.x (used in Karaf) should be fine for itests.

Regards
JB

Achim Nierbeck

Jan 11, 2020, 8:46:29 AM1/11/20
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

ok ... thanks for the info.
On master I disabled travis, didn't work good anyways, and switched to github actions.

regards, Achim

Achim Nierbeck

Jan 11, 2020, 9:46:32 AM1/11/20
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

for info, I enabled github actions workflows on the latest branches also.
Looks like it's been really necessary.
Right now, locally I have failing integration tests and the workflow builds are also failing.
That's really a pity ...

regards, Achim

Grzegorz Grzybek

Jan 11, 2020, 11:46:27 AM1/11/20
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Achim - I'm working (looks like for almost a year...) on https://ops4j1.jira.com/browse/PAXWEB-1190 EPIC where I'm going to reorganize some samples, check R7 compatibility review some resource loading mechanisms (I worked on an issue with primefaces embedded in WEB-INF/lib - it doesn't work).

So, pax-web-7.2.x and pax-web-7.3.x should be stable, master is rather not and I'm working on (not updated for long, but I got back to it locally) master-improvements branch. Kind of similar work to what I've done with pax-logging 1.11.x and 2.0.0.

I'll keep you informed about what I'm doing.

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

Achim Nierbeck

Jan 11, 2020, 11:59:14 AM1/11/20
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grzegorz,

yeah I noticed it.
regarding 7.2.x seems to be running ok, also with github action.

On my machine the itests are not fully working.
Still experimenting with it a bit.

So don't wory to much about it, I won't have enough time to cause trouble ;)

regards, Achim

Grzegorz Grzybek

Jan 11, 2020, 12:05:23 PM1/11/20
to op...@googlegroups.com
Great about github actions - I never had time to check it....

I hope to polish 8.0.0 soon..

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

Achim Nierbeck

Jan 11, 2020, 1:20:47 PM1/11/20
to op...@googlegroups.com
I optimized the build a bit.
We now have a compile phase and a matrix build for jenkins, tomcat and undertow.
if one of the builds fails all are broken.
But this gets us down from 1h20min to about 40min parallelized.

regards, Achim