[GSoC 20] OpenWISP Module Merge

Ajay Tripathi

May 15, 2020, 1:15:15 PM5/15/20
to OpenWISP
Hello,

11 May, 2020 - 15 May, 2020:

This week openwisp-ipam and django-ipam merge was completed and some other small relevant issues / bugs were solved.
Now we can add deprecation notice in django-ipam and redirect users to openwisp-ipam! :-)

PRs Open for Review:

Working next on issues:

Next week I plan to work on openwisp-controller and django-netjsonconfig module merge:

Best,
Ajay Tripathi

Saimanoj Seshagiri

May 15, 2020, 1:25:48 PM5/15/20
to OpenWISP
okk

Thanks & Regards,
Saimanoj Seshagiri ツ

Ajay Tripathi

May 22, 2020, 11:01:27 AM5/22/20
to OpenWISP
Hello,

18 May, 2020 - 22 May, 2020:

This week openwisp-controller and django-netjsonconfig merge was completed.
I also implemented the changes suggested in various PRs, made improvements in swapper usage as done in opewnisp-firmware-upgrader. (Implemented these changes in openwisp-ipam and django-x509.)

PRs Open for Review:

Most PRs were reviewed recently,

Are two new recently open questions about changes.

Working next on issues:

Next week I plan to work on openwisp-network-topology and django-netjsongraph module merge.

Best,
Ajay

Ajay Tripathi

May 29, 2020, 11:08:23 AM5/29/20
to OpenWISP
Hi,

25 May, 2020 - 29 May, 2020:

The django-netjsongraph and openwisp-network-topology merge PR is ready: https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-network-topology/pull/63

Working next on issues:

I've already started with the openwisp-radius & django-freeradius merge and when It's done, I plan to start with https://github.com/openwisp/ansible-openwisp2/issues/185 to start bringing these changes in a branch of ansible-openwisp2.

Best,
Ajay

Ajay Tripathi

Jun 5, 2020, 9:33:05 AM6/5/20
to OpenWISP
Hi,

30 May, 2020 - 5 June, 2020:

The django-freeradius and openwisp-radius are now merged: https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-radius/pull/89
Minor improvements and cleanup remains, it shall be done this week.
Instead of working on ansible-opewnisp2, I worked with https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-users/issues/122 to ensure other PRs are not blocked because of this.

Working next on issues:

This week, I will work on a tutorial for users to port from django-netjsongraph to openwisp-network-topology & make fixes in the openwisp-controller PR according to the reviews from other merge PRs. :-)

Best,
Ajay

Federico Capoano

Jun 5, 2020, 2:25:01 PM6/5/20
to OpenWISP
On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 8:33 AM Ajay Tripathi <ajay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Working next on issues:

This week, I will work on a tutorial for users to port from django-netjsongraph to openwisp-network-topology & make fixes in the openwisp-controller PR according to the reviews from other merge PRs. :-)

Could you please create an issue for this and add it to the project kanban board?

Thanks Ajay.
Federico

Ajay Tripathi

Jun 12, 2020, 10:40:37 AM6/12/20
to OpenWISP
Hi,

8 June, 2020 - 12 June, 2020

This week openwisp-radius's clean-up PR and openwisp-network-topology's module merge PR were completed and merged:

Also worked on :

- (not saving PDF on disk in openwisp-radius) https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-radius/pull/107
- (Allow customizing User model in openwisp-radius) https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-radius/pull/106
- (openwisp-network-topology upgrader script) https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-network-topology/pull/65

The week, the goal would be to make fixes in the PR, get back to ansible-openwisp2 & docker-openwisp work:
- https://github.com/openwisp/ansible-openwisp2/issues/185

Ajay Tripathi

Ajay Tripathi

Jun 19, 2020, 10:09:51 AM6/19/20
to OpenWISP
Hi,

13 June, 2020 - 19, June, 2020

- Moving merge changes to ansible-openwisp2: https://github.com/openwisp/ansible-openwisp2/pull/188
- Moving merge changes to docker-openwisp: https://github.com/openwisp/docker-openwisp/pull/118

This week, I indent to make improvements in existing PRs & get them ready for merging & complete https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-radius/issues/101

Ajay

Ajay Tripathi

Jun 26, 2020, 11:19:46 AM6/26/20
to OpenWISP

Federico Capoano

Jun 26, 2020, 10:48:41 PM6/26/20
to OpenWISP
Great work Ajay, please give priority to the issues listed in the "In progress" column of the kanban board: https://github.com/orgs/openwisp/projects/14

In the next days, let's focus on:

- releasing the new versions of OpenWISP Network Topology and Netdiff so we can include them in ansible-openwisp2 and docker-openwisp.
- merge django-netjsonconfig in openwisp-controller so we can start to test it in staging and hopefully release it very soon

In the meanwhile I will work to review and merge the pending work in openwisp-radius and openwisp-users so then we will release those too (openwisp-users sooner than openwisp-radius).

Thanks!

Ajay Tripathi

Jul 3, 2020, 11:50:13 AM7/3/20
to OpenWISP

Federico Capoano

Jul 4, 2020, 2:43:24 PM7/4/20
to OpenWISP
Give priority to this one please:

2. Making openwisp-monitoring and openwisp-firmware-upgrader compatible with https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-controller/pull/190

We also need to update all the modules that use openwisp-users to make sure they load the models using the swappable mechanism instead of direct import.

Once we finish this, we'll be able to release a new version of openwisp-controller with the merged work.

Federico

Ajay Tripathi

Jul 10, 2020, 1:59:39 PM7/10/20
to OpenWISP

Ajay Tripathi

Jul 17, 2020, 2:13:48 PM7/17/20
to OpenWISP

Ajay Tripathi

Jul 24, 2020, 1:07:03 PM7/24/20
to OpenWISP
Hi,

17 June, 2020 - 24 July, 2020

Created some new PRs and worked on some old ones:

Fixed some issues in https://github.com/openwisp/netjsonconfig/pull/152 but as discussed on Gitter, we will continue
with this PR after other more important PRs for this release.

Next week, will continue my work with:

1. (openwisp-user's permission classes) https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-users/issues/150
2. (openwisp-radius celery for management commands) https://github.com/openwisp/openwisp-radius/pull/138
3. Make minor release in django-loci to continue work with docker-openwisp.

Ajay

Ajay Tripathi

Jul 31, 2020, 4:36:35 PM7/31/20
to OpenWISP

Ajay Tripathi

Aug 7, 2020, 1:55:05 PM8/7/20
to OpenWISP
Hi,

1 Aug 2020 - 7 Aug 2020

Work done:

Next week, will continue my work with:
1. https://github.com/openwisp/docker-openwisp/issues/113 (Just the one for openwisp-controller is remaining)
3. And changes proposed in opened PRs.

Ajay

Ajay Tripathi

Aug 14, 2020, 1:34:38 PM8/14/20
to OpenWISP
Hi,

7 Aug 2020 - 14 Aug 2020

Work done:

The other goals of the last week are also done. I'm yet to clean them and open PRs for the same.

Next week

2. clean-up of openwisp-utils before release.

Ajay

Ajay Tripathi

Aug 21, 2020, 2:26:12 PM8/21/20
to OpenWISP
Hi,

14 Aug 2020 - 21 Aug 2020

Work done:

Next week:

1. Opening swagger API PR for openwisp-radius
2. Implementing changes as per existing reviews / bug reports.

Ajay

Ajay Tripathi

Aug 28, 2020, 12:01:00 PM8/28/20
to OpenWISP
Hi,

21 Aug 2020 - 28 Aug 2020

Work done this week,

4. Published the first draft of the GSoC blog

Although the GSoC gets over this week,  I have 3 more PRs already in-progress (including the swagger one)
and I will be making those PRs in the coming week(s) + make improvements in the blog soon!

Best,
Ajay Tripathi

Ajay Tripathi

Sep 16, 2020, 6:23:48 AM9/16/20
to OpenWISP
Hi,

I just published my Google Summer of Code 2020 final blog which discusses the experience and the project report.
Please find the same here: https://medium.com/@atb00ker/merge-openwisp-django-modules-project-report-e8959049d496

Best,
Ajay Tripathi