Problem with apostrophe in variable name

Caroline

Oct 20, 2021, 1:52:13 PM10/20/21
to OpenRefine
Hello!

I don't know if this is a bug or if I did something wrong, but if I try to create a facet by facet count (Facet -> Customized facets -> Duplicate facet), I get a "Parsing error at offset 35: Missing )". When I explored the problem by clicking "change" in the left pane to see the syntax on several variables, I noticed that the problem appears only when the name of the variable I am facetting has an apostrophe (I have a french file). The name of the variable has to be in double quotes and not in single quotes as it appears by default with the automated facet.

This does not work:
facetCount(value, 'value', 'Type d'incident') > 1

This does:
facetCount(value, 'value', "Type d'incident") > 1

Does someone know if this a known issue or did I miss a setting at import?

(working on Chrome Version 95.0.4638.54 (64 bits), same problem in Firefox)

thanks!
Caroline

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Oct 21, 2021, 11:52:48 AM10/21/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com, Caroline
Hi Caroline,

Thank you for reporting this, this is indeed a bug!
I have opened an issue about it:
https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/issues/4233

Until this is fixed, the workaround you found is indeed a good one!

Best,
Antonin
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openrefine/e081acd5-ee09-49f2-b785-2300552d03e7n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openrefine/e081acd5-ee09-49f2-b785-2300552d03e7n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Caroline

Nov 2, 2021, 1:36:18 PM11/2/21
to OpenRefine
Many thanks for the reply Antonin, that's good to know. The workaround is not that big of a problem.

Best,
Caroline