How to reconcile Wikidata properties?

Anne

Oct 3, 2021, 11:24:22 AM10/3/21
to OpenRefine
Hello,

In OpenRefine, is it possible to reconcile Wikidata properties
Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 11.04.47 AM.png

I've looked at some documentation (links below) but did not find anything related to reconciling properties themselves. Maybe it's there and I missed it...?
If it is possible to reconcile Wikidata properties, what are the steps? Thank you!

Anne

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Nov 20, 2021, 4:13:40 AM11/20/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anne,

Oh no, it looks like your post has been left unanswered!
In short, I am not aware of any reconciliation service for Wikidata
properties.

It is not clear to me if the endpoint I maintain
(https://wikidata.reconci.link/) should also support properties, or if
it would be better to do it separately.

Antonin

On 03/10/2021 17:24, Anne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In OpenRefine, is it possible to reconcile Wikidata *properties*?
> Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 11.04.47 AM.png
>
> I've looked at some documentation (links below) but did not find
> anything related to reconciling properties themselves. Maybe it's there
> and I missed it...?
>
> * https://docs.openrefine.org/manual/wikidata
> <https://docs.openrefine.org/manual/wikidata>
> * https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Tools/OpenRefine
> <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Tools/OpenRefine>
> * https://wikidata.reconci.link/#documentation </>
>
> If it is possible to reconcile Wikidata properties, *what are the
> steps?* Thank you!
>
> Anne

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openrefine/d873c08a-d62b-4057-9d9d-8946d1bbfd3cn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openrefine/d873c08a-d62b-4057-9d9d-8946d1bbfd3cn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Vladimir Stavrov

Nov 22, 2021, 7:39:54 AM11/22/21
to OpenRefine
Hi,
it seems the question should be clarified firstly.

As far as I see, source file looks as extracted from RDF/SPARQL endpoint using something like
"select * where {?subject ?predicate ?object)" SPARQL query.

Perhaps, after some transformations, a values of "predicate" could be recorded with distortion.

In order to check whether extracted predicate exists in Wikidata, it is possible to apply attached operation json to source project data.

In a theory it is possible to write SPARQL query which would find misspelled URI of property,
but for simplicity a some setup for indexed/fuzzy search is required on Wikidata side.

Screenshot from 2021-11-22 15-32-20.png
суббота, 20 ноября 2021 г. в 12:13:40 UTC+3, Antonin Delpeuch (lists):
openrefine-wikidata-properties-check.json

Vladimir Stavrov

Nov 25, 2021, 5:20:13 AM11/25/21
to OpenRefine
Hi,
small update for this question.

понедельник, 22 ноября 2021 г. в 15:39:54 UTC+3, Vladimir Stavrov:

Anne

Nov 27, 2021, 1:35:51 AM11/27/21
to OpenRefine
Thanks to Antonin and Vladimir for your helpful replies!