Migrating the docs to the repository of the openrefine.org website

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Aug 16, 2022, 2:54:21 AM8/16/22
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have opened an issue to discuss a proposed move of the docs from the
main OpenRefine repository to that of the website:

https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/issues/5187

If I remember correctly Thad was also motivated by the move (but I am
not sure where we discussed that). Because this is potentially a
disruptive change I want to give people enough notice before working on
it - and only do it if there is consensus for it.

Let's keep discussing it on the issue :)

Antonin

Thad Guidry

Aug 16, 2022, 9:01:38 AM8/16/22
to openref...@googlegroups.com
The motivation was twofold; straight forward setup for website and docs translation and helping reduce the maintenance load and complexity for CI and files.

Martin Magdinier

Aug 16, 2022, 6:45:06 PM8/16/22
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Reading your list in GitHub it all makes sense. I am ok with the change.

 I would add
* It is easy to reference issue between two repo
* Doc contributions will be a bit less visible on GitHub (not showing as contributions or pr) on the main repo.

Martin.