Releasing 3.6.1?

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Aug 5, 2022, 4:24:16 AM8/5/22
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Since 3.6.0 we have had some bug fixes (thank you elebitzero!) that
would likely be worth releasing to the users. I have added the following
ones to the 3.6 branch and propose to release them as 3.6.1:

https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/compare/3.6.0...3.6

Let me know if anything else should be included or if we should wait
more before such a release:

Keep up the great work everyone!

Antonin

Owen Stephens

Aug 5, 2022, 4:29:28 AM8/5/22
to openref...@googlegroups.com
There was a question on Gitter about some translation files that were changed just before the 3.6.0 release but too late to make it in … but it looks like these are in the wiki base extension

Not sure if it’s possible to include an extension update in the release?

Owen

Owen Stephens

Aug 5, 2022, 4:32:45 AM8/5/22
to openref...@googlegroups.com
Also we have the report of the problem deploying 3.6.0 with root:wheel permissions using Munki - that seems like quite a difficult one to debug but it feels like it’s worth someone looking at before we do another release?

Owen

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Aug 5, 2022, 4:44:20 AM8/5/22
to openref...@googlegroups.com

Generally, all translation changes made since the first 3.6 beta version are not included. I agree that can be frustrating for translators.

We can try to backport translation changes to the 3.6 branch. It is not done automatically because it is a potentially error-prone process in general (we could be including translation changes for parts of the UI that have also changed, introducing some bugs). But in this case it seems safe to do so, so I can try.

Antonin

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Aug 5, 2022, 4:46:50 AM8/5/22
to openref...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for pointing that out. That sounds like something worth fixing but I have zero knowledge of Munki and no idea what `root:wheel permissions` mean so if anyone has any clue, some help would be appreciated :)

Antonin

Antoine Beaubien

Aug 5, 2022, 2:48:29 PM8/5/22
to OpenRefine Development
I've check what is « Munki »:

« Munki can install software delivered as standard Apple packages - the same kind of packages, that when double-clicked, open in Apple's Installer.app. Munki can also install software from disk images - for example, an application delivered on a disk image that is supposed to be dragged to the Applications folder. These "drag-n-drop disk images" are easily installed by Munki. Munki also knows how to install many Adobe products. In many cases, Munki can also remove the software it has installed. »

It's seams to be a system to install software on a Macintosh vX.11 and + from a normal Web server.

On the Mac, root:wheel is a default permission for system files that require
« The wheel group is a special user group used on some Unix systems, mostly BSD systems,[4] to control access to the su[5][6] or sudo command, which allows a user to masquerade as another user (usually the super user) »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_(computing)

I'll follow the discussion on Gitter.

Regards,
   Antoine