GPS coordinate of TIPLOCs

Khine Sint (Mayko)

Jul 9, 2021, 1:03:50 PM7/9/21
Hi everyone,
May I know which feed provides GPS coordinates of TIPLOCs?
Best,
Khine

Evelyn Snow

Jul 9, 2021, 2:24:34 PM7/9/21
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

There is unfortunately no straightforward way to this information. For
passenger locations such as stations, and the limited number of bus stops and
ferry terminals, you could use either knowledgebase or NAPTAN. Knowledgebase
would require you to map each tiploc to a CRS, NAPTAN lists TIPLOCs, but
has incomplete coverage (for example, it has STPX and STPXBOX but not STPANCI)

Additionally, there is a non-maintained dataset which corresponds many
non-passenger timing locations to eastings and northings, which could then be
converted to longitudes and latitudes.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/geographical_information_on_tipl

Evelyn