Lifts and Escalators API

Peter Hicks

Jun 25, 2022, 7:38:52 AM6/25/22
Hello

The Lifts and Escalators API at https://nr-lift-and-escalator.developer.azure-api.net/ appears to be broken - it's returning a generic Cloudflare origin certificate for me.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing happening?

Peter

Martin Thorpe

Jun 25, 2022, 8:33:38 AM6/25/22
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Same here. The SANs in the cert are (*.)nr-lift-and-escalator.net ... so likely a recent misconfiguration somewhere - start of validity was 17:33 yesterday.

Slightly worryingly (with my professional hat on) that certificate has a *15 year* lifespan, which shouldn't be issued from a publicly trusted CA, and Cloudflare normally know better than that.

The nr-lift-and-escalator.net domain is registered ... through GoDaddy and the registrant details are hidden, so I don't know if NR registered it.

/me puts his day job back down for the weekend.

Martin

Martin Thorpe

Jun 27, 2022, 6:43:42 AM6/27/22
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

It’s still giving the dodgy certificate as of this morning.

Best wishes,

Martin

Peter Hicks

Jun 27, 2022, 6:51:25 AM6/27/22
to openrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin

On further digging, it appears to now be hosted at https://portal.nr-lift-and-escalator.net/ - although the top hit on Google is pointing to the azure-api.net address, and the NR press release at https://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk/news/network-rails-open-data-programme-gets-lift-off refers to the azure-api.net address.

How did I discover the 'correct' URL?  I couldn't find my password, so I had to request a password reset, which came with a link in it to https://portal.nr-lift-and-escalator.net/.

For background, and through frustration with trying to deal with a GraphQL query to return a set of fairly simple objects, I've been trying to write a RESTful API to go in front of the API.

Peter

Martin Thorpe

Jun 27, 2022, 6:53:36 AM6/27/22
to openrail...@googlegroups.com