Event based PSHA - decrease the "step" between events

alexandre dunant

Jan 19, 2021, 9:14:43 PM1/19/21
to OpenQuake Users
Hi,

I am trying to run OQ to generate event based PSHA from a complex fault geometry.
Here are the results I got:

image.png

I am trying to reduce the "step size" between line of events (if it makes sense). What parameter would control that in the context of an event based PSHA ?

Thanks !

Alex

Marco Pagani

Jan 20, 2021, 2:12:03 AM1/20/21
to OpenQuake Users

Hi Alexandre,
Sorry for missing your previous message. Did you try to increase the complex_fault_mesh_spacing
Marco

MARCO PAGANI | Seismic Hazard Team Lead | Skype mm.pagani | +39-0382-5169863
GLOBAL EARTHQUAKE MODEL | working together to assess risk

alexandre dunant

Jan 25, 2021, 5:37:44 PM1/25/21
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco,

Thanks it worked - Here is a picture of the magnitude 7.25Mw only.
Are the points location always randomly distributed or is there a way to create a regular grid based on the scaling relationship (Strasser 2010 in this case) ?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Alex

image.png

Marco Pagani

Jan 27, 2021, 2:37:16 AM1/27/21
to openqua...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

I guess the red points are the hypocenters of ruptures in a stochastic event set produced by OQ.

Unfortunately is not possible with this calculation procedure to distribute then evenly over the fault surface.

Best wishes,

Marco

alexandre dunant

Jan 27, 2021, 3:22:49 AM1/27/21
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Marco,

Just wanted to check, the results should be good enough for our purpose.

Best,
Alex