How to Improve the computing speed on cloud computing

Jian Ma

Dec 14, 2020, 3:37:25 AM12/14/20
to OpenQuake Users
I operate the computation on the 24 cores and 32G cloud system. It's actually a virtual machine of windows.

I install the 3.11 development version of Openquake engine on the virtual machine by the guide of the development version of windows.

I also compute the job file on my laptop (windows,4 cores, 8G), but I found the computing speed faster than the cloud machine.

I will very much appreciate it if you can give me some suggestions on how to improve the computing speed.

Thanks!

Best regards!

Michele Simionato

Dec 14, 2020, 11:57:36 PM12/14/20
to OpenQuake Users
Change provider and use linux.

     Michele

Jian Ma

Dec 15, 2020, 8:55:00 AM12/15/20
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your answer,  Michele.
Now I have changed to Linux and now become very fast.
Jian MA
Ph.D Candidate
Academy of Disaster Reduction and Emergency Management, Ministry of Emergency Management & Ministry of Education
Beijing Normal University
(86)188-1157-3353

Michele Simionato <mic...@openquake.org> 于2020年12月15日周二 下午12:57写道: