Any problem with macOS Big Sur 11.0.1?

marco.s...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2020, 1:09:32 PM12/2/20
to OpenQuake Users
Dear all,
I'm trying to run OQ some days after the OS updating.
What I obtain is this error message:

OSError: Could not find lib c or load any of its variants [].

Anyone has the same problem? Any suggestion?

Xcode seems to be rightly updated, and the same for the command line tool.

Thank you in advance for the kindness,

bye,

Marco

Marco Pagani

Dec 3, 2020, 3:05:30 AM12/3/20
to OpenQuake Users

I haven’t yet tested Big Sur. You might want to google a bit to find a solution e.g.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39991765/shapely-oserror-could-not-find-lib-c-or-load-any-of-its-variants

MARCO PAGANI | Seismic Hazard Team Lead | Skype mm.pagani | +39-0382-5169863
GLOBAL EARTHQUAKE MODEL | working together to assess risk

Michele Simionato

Dec 3, 2020, 3:07:20 AM12/3/20
to OpenQuake Users
This is a know issue: https://github.com/gem/oq-engine/issues/6277
The solution is to upgrade shapely.

    Michele

marco santulin

Dec 3, 2020, 5:26:41 AM12/3/20
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Michele and Marco,

I upgraded shapely, but the result is the same:

OSError: Could not find lib c or load any of its variants [].

So I tried to update all the packages:
pip freeze --local | grep -v '^\e' | cut -d = -f 1 | xargs -n1 pip install -U
But still it doesn’t work.

I’ll search again in the net, but I’m open to any other idea you can give me,

Thank you in advance,

Bye,

Marco.

Michele Simionato

Dec 4, 2020, 12:04:12 AM12/4/20
to OpenQuake Users
As we said in another thread, we have an universal installer now. For us it works on Big Sur too. Instructions:

$ python3.7 install.py user

Since this is very new, please let us know if it works for you. Thanks,

      Michele

marco santulin

Dec 7, 2020, 12:29:33 PM12/7/20
to openqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michele,

thank you very much!!!

The installation runs and oq now starts regularly!

Best regards,

Ciao,

Marco.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenQuake Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openquake-users/1762a235-de5e-4b14-ad4b-d5d51d21f105n%40googlegroups.com.