Liteplacer vacuum sense values

Martin R

Mar 24, 2017, 5:13:52 AM3/24/17
to OpenPnP
Hi,

I can receive vacuum sensor readings but I think openpnp expect a higher value when a part is attached. When a part is attach my readings are around 1800 and when there is no part attached the value is around 2600.
What values should I have on nozzletip?

Martin

Jason von Nieda

Mar 24, 2017, 10:16:28 AM3/24/17
to OpenPnP
Hi Martin,

Yes, OpenPnP expects the read value to be greater than the Part On value when the part is on and less then the Part Off value when off. Sounds like this is the opposite of how LitePlacer does it.

I can see that this might be a common situation. The difference is probably in whether you use a real vacuum sensor or a pressure sensor with the hose connected to the vacuum side. The former would report the level of pressure going down as vacuum increased and the latter would report it going up.

I'll add a checkbox that will invert the logic. Ticket created at https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/issues/480

Jason

Jason von Nieda

Mar 24, 2017, 10:36:36 AM3/24/17