How to add new application into ONL build environment

Feng Lee

Dec 5, 2018, 4:57:09 AM12/5/18
to opennetworklinux
Hi,

I have developed some applications in box with ONL installer.
And, I want to integrate these applications into ONL and rebuild an image with these applcations.

Is there any porting guide to introduce how to add/porting application into ONL or any example code for reference?

Thanks,

Best regards,
Feng

Hariharasubramanian R

Jul 25, 2019, 5:08:25 AM7/25/19
to opennetworklinux
Feng, did you get figure out the procedure to do this ? I would be interested in that info if you could share what you learnt.

thanks,
Hari !

balaji v

Jul 26, 2019, 12:52:56 AM7/26/19
to Hariharasubramanian R, opennetworklinux
Feng, i am also interested in knowing it.
For example, in ONL, vi editor is available, if we need to have vim editor also.

I was not able to do it.
Let me also know if u have found any reference.

Regards,
Balaji

Rob Sherwood

Jul 26, 2019, 1:59:10 AM7/26/19
to balaji v, Hariharasubramanian R, opennetworklinux
I forget if these instructions are old, but check out:

And replace 'jessie' with the appropriate debian release of your ONL build.  This does assume that you have a debian package for your software and that it's reachable in the debian search path at build time.

- Rob
.

YJ S

Nov 3, 2020, 8:39:10 PM11/3/20
to opennetworklinux
Hi,Feng,
    Have you solved the problem? I am also learning how to add a application to ONL. Can you provide a demo for adding.

Thanks,
Mac_nr