USB unable to enumerate on OpenMV2 platform

王宪

Dec 1, 2014, 9:22:02 PM12/1/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ibrahim, my USB Device is unable to be enumerated on the platform I'm using. It is using the internal FS PHY on STM32F429I with its HS Core (DMA disabled). Scenario is: when I put breakpoint at HAL_PCD_ResetCallback, the firmware is later able to get RXFLVL interrupt, but if running at full speed passing HAL_PCD_ResetCallback, the RXFLVL will not be triggered. In either case, the OS is just unable to enumerate USB device, although I can see RXFIFO is filled with correct SETUP packets and replied with correct ones.

I don't have a USB analyzer at hand now and am currently unable to find a way to generate USB CDC code basing on 1.1.0 version of Cube library with the CubeMX (it only allows me to generate with 1.2.0 or 1.3.0 and there seems to be a lot difference). Thus need to turn to you for help. Thanks so much.

王宪

Dec 2, 2014, 5:32:12 AM12/2/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Just borrowed a USB analyzer and find that if no delay is put after HAL_PCD_ResetCallback, there's no ACK or NAK or STALL response for SETUP packet. If put some delay (around 30ms), then there comes a Turnaround/Timeout Error, not for the host -> device packet, but for device -> host packet. No response again.

在 2014年12月2日星期二UTC+8上午10时22分02秒,王宪写道:

Ibrahim Abdelkader

Dec 2, 2014, 6:30:49 AM12/2/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
I don't think I can help you with that, you could try ST forums ? For what it's worth, we're using Cube 1.3.0.

王宪

Dec 2, 2014, 6:31:53 AM12/2/14
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ibrahim, when are you updating the branch to Cube 3.0?

Ibrahim Abdelkader

Dec 2, 2014, 7:04:00 AM12/2/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
It's already using 1.3.0 (STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.3.0)

王宪

Dec 2, 2014, 7:10:34 AM12/2/14
to open...@googlegroups.com

But I see in micropython stmhal it's still 1.1.0 according to the date in file header? Feb 26 2014?

Ibrahim Abdelkader

Dec 2, 2014, 7:20:41 AM12/2/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
That file didn't change in STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.3.0 package.

王宪

Dec 2, 2014, 8:15:02 AM12/2/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Think I may try replacing the USB VCP part with those generated with CubeMX. I see you use 4 OUT EP for USB? Are they for VCP + MSC?

Ibrahim Abdelkader

Dec 2, 2014, 11:14:39 AM12/2/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
3 for CDC and 2 for MSC