Anyone want to accompany me to a ClientEarth briefing in Berlin on 6 July 2022

Robbie Morrison

Jun 29, 2022, 5:40:34 AM6/29/22
to openmod list

Hello those in Berlin

I will be meeting the ClientEarth environmental law charity on Wednesday 6 July 2022 at 11:00 CEST.   To talk about the contribution that open source energy system modeling could play in relation to their legal work.   The Berlin office is near the S+U Friedrichstraße station.

If anyone wants to join that briefing, just let me know off‑list.

with best wishes, Robbie

--
Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany

Robbie Morrison

Jul 3, 2022, 8:57:32 AM7/3/22
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

No bites so far.  I will be meeting ClientEarth's staff lawyer specializing in fossil fuel infrastructure.  Please email me if interested.  Robbie

Robbie Morrison

Jul 20, 2022, 1:13:45 PM7/20/22
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

Hi all

Just for the record.  I met today with two lawyers from ClientEarth to discuss how open energy system modeling might contribute to their legal work. They wanted an example related to the current gas crisis in Germany — so I was able to cite recent work by the Princeton University Zero Lab GenX team on this question — and in which they seemed very interested.

So the kind of short policy briefing and one‑page FAQ that Zero Lab produced to describe their work and conclusions looks to be a very useful format.  The relevant DOI again (noting that both PDFs reside at the one object identifier so you may need to scan the file listings to locate the required material): https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.6811675

with best wishes, Robbie