[WHY] Summer course on Modeling

Cruz Enrique Borges Hernandez

May 12, 2022, 10:35:04 AM5/12/22
to openmod list
Dear Open Moders,

The University of Deusto is running an online Summer Course on Energy Behavior Modelling. The course will consist on 5 synchronous sessions plus some homework where the student will learn about:
  • the importance of Energy Behavior Modelling,
  • how to cluster smart meter data,
  • how to build causal diagrams, and finally
  • how to adjust causal models,
  • how to exploit the models,
The sessions will use open source libraries on R and Python for the different sessions. We will use Colab Notebooks in order to work online and we will be provided records of the sessions in the YouTube channel of the WHY project after the event.

More information about the course could be found below. Please share with any potential interested student and if you have any questions, let me know.

Best regards,
cruz

Greetings from Deusto International team!

One more year, we are pleased to share with you the Deusto Summer School program. The course offer is designed to develop your career and learn about diverse relevant topics that will provide you with the knowledge and skills to become a change agent in this context of social transformation.

See what Deusto Summer School 2022 offers you!

  • 100% ONLINE
  • 8 HOURS
  • SPANISH AND ENGLISH
  • MULTIDISCIPLINARY TRAINING
  • DEUSTO LEARNING METHODOLOGY
  • CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
People in the street
brain
Student woman
Homless street

And besides, the Faculties of the University of Deusto offer the following courses:

Do you need more information? Contact us at summer...@deusto.es.

We hope to meet you soon!

Av. Universidades 24 48007 Bilbao

deusto.es/deustosummerschool

Este email fue enviado a @, pulse aquí para cancelar la suscripción.

--
Cruz E. Borges, PhD
Researcher / DeustoTech

Faculty of Engineering, University of Deusto
Avda. Universidades 24. 48007 Bilbao (Spain)
Tel. +34 94 413 90 03 Ext. 2052

Simon Schramm

May 12, 2022, 11:28:13 AM5/12/22
to 'Cruz Enrique Borges Hernandez' via openmod initiative
Hi Cruz E. Borges,

Thank you for providing the information about Deusto summer school.
I find myself with two questions, first I unfortunately cannot find the event you mentioned for energy system modelling
at Deusto homepage.
Second, is there also the opportunity to participate in person in Bilbao?

I am an Electrical Energy student finishing this year my masters with focus on (multi agent) energy system modelling.

Thanks you so far and best wishes,

Simon Schramm

Von: 'Cruz Enrique Borges Hernandez' via openmod initiative <openmod-i...@googlegroups.com>
Datum: Do., 12. Mai 2022, 16:35
An: openmod list <openmod-i...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: [openmod-initiative] [WHY] Summer course on Modeling

Cruz Enrique Borges Hernandez

May 12, 2022, 11:44:27 AM5/12/22
to Simon Schramm, 'Cruz Enrique Borges Hernandez' via openmod initiative
Hi Simon,

Thanks for the questions.

To the first one. Seems like the "Learn More" button leads you to the same webpage. I assume the managers of the course have not included the documentation we have produced so far. I will ask and I will let you know.

For the second, unfortunately the answer is no. This year the summer course is fully online. We hope next year we could offer a hybrid framework.

Best regards,
cruz