Pitch for in-person openmod workshop - spring 2023 @ IIASA

Daniel Huppmann

Jun 9, 2022, 3:04:50 AM6/9/22
to openmod initiative, KREY Volker, WAGNER Pat
Hi openmods,

It’s two-and-a-half years since the last in-person openmod workshop, which took place in January 2020 in Berlin - when Wuhan and COVID were not yet household phrases… There have been several successful online meetings, but I’m sure we all agree that seeing people in real life from time to time is a big boost for productivity and morale!

Therefore, the Energy, Climate and Environment program (ECE) at IIASA in Vienna/Laxenburg would be happy to host an in-person openmod workshop in 2023, ideally between Easter (April 9) and the European Geosciences Union (EGU, 23-28 April).

We would like to hold this event back-to-back with a capacity-building/training workshop to be conducted within the European Climate and Energy Modelling Forum (ECEMF, https://www.ecemf.eu).

We reached out to colleagues in Freiburg, who offered (pre-pandemic) to host the next openmod workshop, and they would be happy to pass the baton to IIASA.

I also created a new thread in the openmod forum for discussion: https://forum.openmod.org/t/workshop-april-2023-iiasa-vienna-laxenburg/3258

Best regards,
Daniel

Dr. Daniel HUPPMANN
Research Scholar
Coordinator of the Research Theme „Scenario Services & Scientific Software"
Energy, Climate, and Environment (ECE) Program

webwww.iiasa.ac.at/staff/huppmann

International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria | www.iiasa.ac.at

Robbie Morrison

Jun 9, 2022, 4:23:22 AM6/9/22
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com, KREY Volker, WAGNER Pat

Hi Daniel, all

Sounds great!  Just for history, here is a list of previous openmod workshops:

Robbie

Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49.30.612-87617

Berit Müller

Jun 16, 2022, 1:29:16 PM6/16/22
to openmod initiative, KREY Volker, WAGNER Pat

Thanx for action Daniel!!

I‘m very activ in the building research sector at the moment and I see a lot of action here parallel to openmod models without being linked. Is anyone else interested (especially as question to the organisers of the meeting) to have one focus of the meeting on the building sector?

Best regards

Berit

Dipl.-Ing. Berit Müller

Konsortialleitung Begleitforschung Energiewendebauen (Modul 1/5)

Bf-...@dgs-berlin.de

https://www.energiewendebauen.de/

Geschäftsführerin

DGS – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Sonnenenergie

Landesverband Berlin Brandenburg

Erich-Steinfurth-Straße 8

D - 10243 Berlin
0176 80030808
b...@dgs-berlin.de

Erneuerbar in den Sommer:

Finale „Solar Decathlon Europe 21/22“,
10.-26.06.22
in Wuppertal: Internationaler studentischer Gebäude-Energie-Wettbewerb

Robbie Morrison

Jun 16, 2022, 1:47:48 PM6/16/22
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

Hi Berit, Daniel, all

As these various suggestions become more concrete (or should that be more wooden) — they can be recorded on the openmod forum.  The current thread is here:

And the corresponding tag is vienna-2023 — which will pick up all topics related to this particular workshop:

A thought really — but April 2023 is quite some way off and we could possibly sneak in another event for later in 2022?

Robbie