Additional eLMIS/common ground/CRDM resources for toolkit

tenly.snow

Mar 6, 2018, 12:42:20 PM3/6/18
to OpenLMIS Governance
Hi all -

I'm putting together resources for an OpenLMIS Implementer Toolkit and would like to know if others have suggestions for additional resources to include in a "Getting Started" section. Right now, I have these resources listed to help guide thinking around common ground, CRDM, selecting an eLMIS, etc. Feedback on including these resources? Additional resources to include?

  • Public Health Informatics Institute: Finding Common Ground

  • PATH: Common Requirements for LMIS

  • PATH: Planning an Information Systems Project

  • JSI: eLMIS Selection Guide

Chris Wright (External Consultant)

Mar 8, 2018, 3:57:13 PM3/8/18
to tenly.snow, OpenLMIS Governance

Tenly Snow

Mar 8, 2018, 4:34:24 PM3/8/18
to Chris Wright (External Consultant), OpenLMIS Governance
Thank you Chris – this is great.

Warm regards,

--

Tenly Elizabeth Snow, MS

OpenLMIS Community Manager

tenly.sn...@openlmis.org

CELL/WhatsAPP: +1.406.544.4856

SKYPE: tenly.snow.vr

OpenLMIS.org  OpenLMIS Wiki

Kaleb Brownlow

Mar 9, 2018, 12:15:02 AM3/9/18
to Tenly Snow, Chris Wright (External Consultant), OpenLMIS Governance

Hello Tenly,

These may not fit perfectly but the ITU and WHO developed an eHealth toolkit and I know future products are coming out soon that may be useful to reference. And I included the DISC Guidance, as I do think the Implementers Toolkit should focus on what countries want to achieve within their program; there other are other indicators from USAID and the ISG so it is not too immunization-centric.

National eHealth Strategy Toolkit - Intl Telecommunications Union & WHO
Year: 2012

https://www.itu.int/pub/D-STR-E_HEALTH.05-2012

Guidance on DISC

November 2018

https://www.technet-21.org/iscstrengthening/index.php/en/data-for-management-documents-and-downloads/guidance-on-dashboards

Mar 9, 2018, 1:26:54 AM3/9/18
to Kaleb Brownlow, Tenly Snow, Chris Wright (External Consultant), OpenLMIS Governance

Hi Tenly,

To echo Kaleb, there are a number of toolkits that are close to publication that would be relevant resources for the OpenLMIS Implementers Toolkit.  PATH is working on two – one with WHO, which is the Digital Health Implementation Toolkit.  The second, much more technical but relevant is a toolkit PATH is working on with the ITU called the Digital Health Accelerator Handbook.  I am pretty sure both of these will be out this year – the Accelerator Handbook likely before the Implementation Toolkit.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Amanda

Tenly Snow

Mar 9, 2018, 11:14:32 AM3/9/18
to BenDor, Amanda, Kaleb Brownlow, Chris Wright (External Consultant), OpenLMIS Governance
Hi Amanda and Kaleb,

Thanks both for these links and resources!

Kaleb I’ll include the links you mentioned and will keep watch for the PATH toolkit/handbooks, they sound like they’ll be great resources to include in the OpenLMIS toolkit once published.

Warm regards,

--

Tenly Elizabeth Snow, MS

OpenLMIS Community Manager