ERD generation for requisition and auth services

Piotr Szafrański

Aug 2, 2016, 10:01:44 AM8/2/16
to OpenLMIS Dev
Hello,

Today I finished working on ERD generation for our two supported services (OLMIS-759). For both I have created new Jenkins jobs respectively named "OpenLMIS-auth-erd-generation" and "OpenLMIS-requisition-erd-generation". Each one is triggered after successful build of its native service. If erd-generation job fails, Jenkins will send Slack Notification about the failure. Please let me know if you have any suggestion and feel free to ask me any question.

Enjoy :)
Extra: On the Jenkins the jobs are pinned to the "OpenLMIS-ERD-generation" bar, so you can easly navigate them.

Kind regards,
Piotr Szafrański

Rich Magnuson

Aug 2, 2016, 6:48:55 PM8/2/16
to Piotr Szafrański, OpenLMIS Dev, Mary Jo Kochendorfer

Great, thanks!  These will be very helpful going forward, though the relationship diagrams will look less interesting when we separate out the reference data service. ;)

Cc Mary Jo – here’s how you can quickly see the attributes on the domain objects!

Rich Magnuson

Aug 3, 2016, 4:46:30 PM8/3/16
to Piotr Szafrański, OpenLMIS Dev

One last note on this:  I like the publishing of the HTML to the Jenkins server.  Even so, we’re often asked to post or send the ERD, or archive milestone versions of it.  Can we also publish a zip of the ERD as a Jenkins build artifact?  Or is there a better way to achieve this?

I will open a story to make the ERD available as a build artifact.

Thanks,

Rich