Credentials in the pipelines' configurations

kpalkowska

Jun 22, 2018, 4:57:40 AM6/22/18
to OpenLMIS Dev
Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on OLMIS-4919, which is about getting rid of my credentials in the pipelines' configurations. I found out that removing the credentials causes an issue with the GitHub API's rate limits. For unauthenticated requests, the rate limit allows only for up to 60 requests per hour, which is not enough for OpenLMIS. As a workaround, we can create a GitHub account that won't be tied to a specific person, and use it (probably with an API token instead of username and password) for Jenkins-GitHub communication. Thoughts?

If you don't have any objections, my second question is: Which email address should I set for that GitHub account?

I would appreciate your feedback on this idea.

Regards,
Klaudia

Mary Jo Kochendorfer

Jun 22, 2018, 5:43:23 PM6/22/18
to kpalkowska, OpenLMIS Dev

Perhaps we could use the te...@openlmis.org email address. Does anyone on the thread think that would be an issue?  The credentials are on the wiki on the IT restricted page.

Mary Jo

Image removed by sender.
SolDevelo
Sp. z o.o. [LLC] / www.soldevelo.com
Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451, Gdynia, Poland
Phone: +48 58 782 45 40 / Fax: +48 58 782 45 41