OpenLMIS data standards

Danni Yu

Jul 25, 2016, 11:36:33 PM7/25/16
to openlmis_prod...@googlegroups.com, OpenLMIS Dev
Hi all,

We are currently working on a checklist for government officials in Mozambique on ESMS and OpenLMIS. We have a few questions regarding OpenLMIS:

1. Does OpenLMIS have a data dictionary?

2. Does OpenLMIS follow any data standards (e.g. Health Domain, etc.)?

Below are quick answers from Rich (thanks):

1)     No, no real data dictionary in the sense of any stored metadata

2)     I’m fairly certain no standards were implemented in OpenLMIS, but others with a deeper history might know better

Any relevant discussions can follow on this thread.

Thanks,

Danni

Darius Jazayeri

Jul 26, 2016, 1:58:24 PM7/26/16
to Danni Yu, openlmis_prod...@googlegroups.com, OpenLMIS Dev
I would think the existence of a db table where we list all the products counts as OpenLMIS having a data dictionary.

-Darius

Darius JazayeriPrincipal Architect - Global Health
ThoughtWorks