Needs Performance Check label

Łukasz Lewczyński

Apr 27, 2018, 3:49:45 AM4/27/18
to OpenLMIS Dev
Hi all,

We would like start using the NeedsPerformanceCheck label to mark tickets that could slow down the system (UI or/and backend) to verify that after changes would be provided the performance will be on the same level or even better.

In this way we would like to start monitoring what changes cause performance issues and a developer that provided changes would decide if required changes to improve performance should be provided in the same ticket - because there a small number of changes - or in a new one if task is too big to accomplish - because the latest changes not always cause system slowdown, sometimes they only show it.

I marked the OLMIS-4599 with the new label because we are going to add a new endpoint to the system and because there is a performance acceptance criteria.

Feel free to post your opinions/suggestions about using the label.

Regards,
Lukasz

Łukasz Lewczyński
Software Developer
llewc...@soldevelo.com

SolDevelo
Sp. z o.o. [LLC] / www.soldevelo.com
Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451, Gdynia, Poland
Phone: +48 58 782 45 40 / Fax: +48 58 782 45 41

Paweł Albecki

Apr 30, 2018, 10:17:46 AM4/30/18
to Łukasz Lewczyński, OpenLMIS Dev
Hi Łukasz,

I wonder what should be the criteria for adding NeedsPerformanceCheck label to ticket. Should we document it somewhere?
Also, is this label a hint for QA to check performance manually or for developer to add some automated performance tests?

Best regards,
Paweł

Paweł Albecki
Software Developer
palb...@soldevelo.com

Łukasz Lewczyński

May 2, 2018, 1:44:36 AM5/2/18
to Paweł Albecki, OpenLMIS Dev
Hi Pawel,

I would say we should add the label to any ticket that changes could slow down the system. I am not sure if we have any wiki page about labels.

I think this is for both QA and developer. I mean both sides should verify that performance is on the same level or better. The developer should think how to provide changes in the way that the system would work fine and the QA should verify that the performance is okay.

Regards,
Lukasz

Łukasz Lewczyński
Software Developer
llewc...@soldevelo.com

Mary Jo Kochendorfer

May 2, 2018, 10:43:16 AM5/2/18
to Łukasz Lewczyński, Paweł Albecki, OpenLMIS Dev

From: OpenLMIS Dev <openlm...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Łukasz Lewczyński <llewc...@soldevelo.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 10:44 PM
To: Paweł Albecki <palb...@soldevelo.com>
Cc: OpenLMIS Dev <openlm...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [openlmis-dev] Needs Performance Check label

Hi Pawel,

I would say we should add the label to any ticket that changes could slow down the system. I am not sure if we have any wiki page about labels.

I think this is for both QA and developer. I mean both sides should verify that performance is on the same level or better. The developer should think how to provide changes in the way that the system would work fine and the QA should verify that the performance is okay.

Regards,

Lukasz

Lukasz,

We do have an outline of how to fill out a ticket here : https://openlmis.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OP/pages/57409539/Software+Development+Methodology#SoftwareDevelopmentMethodology-TicketTypes however it doesn’t list out all the labels we use and why. We could add a list with reasons. Where do you think it would make sense to start populating that list?  Do devs check this wiki page or should it be somewhere else?

Thanks,

Mary Jo

Łukasz Lewczyński
Software Developer
llewc...@soldevelo.com

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 9:49 AM, Łukasz Lewczyński <llewc...@soldevelo.com> wrote:

[...]

Error! Filename not specified.

SolDevelo
Sp. z o.o. [LLC] /

Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451, Gdynia, Poland
Phone: +48 58 782 45 40 / Fax: +48 58 782 45 41

Paweł Albecki
Software Developer
palb...@soldevelo.com

Error! Filename not specified.

SolDevelo
Sp. z o.o. [LLC] /

Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451, Gdynia, Poland
Phone: +48 58 782 45 40 / Fax: +48 58 782 45 41

Image removed by sender.

SolDevelo
Sp. z o.o. [LLC] / www.soldevelo.com
Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451, Gdynia, Poland
Phone: +48 58 782 45 40 / Fax: +48 58 782 45 41

Łukasz Lewczyński

May 4, 2018, 1:19:14 AM5/4/18
to Mary Jo Kochendorfer, Paweł Albecki, OpenLMIS Dev
Hi Mary Jo,

I think we could update the wiki page that you shown. From what I see there are information about ticket type, fields, workflow so we could add information about labels that we use.

Regards,
Lukasz

Łukasz Lewczyński
Software Developer