Functional tests epic

Łukasz Lewczyński

Apr 17, 2018, 4:45:18 AM4/17/18
to OpenLMIS Dev
Hi all,

I would like to announce that I created an epic (OLMIS-4569) that contain all functional test tickets. Also I created several tickets for requisition workflow. Feel free to add additional tickets to the epic.

Regards,
Lukasz

Łukasz Lewczyński
Software Developer
llewc...@soldevelo.com

SolDevelo
Sp. z o.o. [LLC] / www.soldevelo.com
Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451, Gdynia, Poland
Phone: +48 58 782 45 40 / Fax: +48 58 782 45 41

Paweł Albecki

Apr 17, 2018, 4:57:11 AM4/17/18
to Łukasz Lewczyński, OpenLMIS Dev
Hi Łukasz,

I have a question about feature requirements that functional tests are suppose to verify. On the example of "Functional test for updating regular requisition". Should we test only "happy path", whether update is possible or check things like total cost is updating right after I change some field input?

Regards,
Paweł

Paweł Albecki
Software Developer
palb...@soldevelo.com

Łukasz Lewczyński

Apr 17, 2018, 5:07:46 AM4/17/18
to Paweł Albecki, OpenLMIS Dev
For now I think we should verify the "happy path". When we will know that this works fine then we could add more tests to verify edge cases. Also, I added acceptance criteria to tickets. If you think that some things could be done as part of those tickets, feel free to update the ticket description.

Regards,
Lukasz

Łukasz Lewczyński
Software Developer
llewc...@soldevelo.com

Paweł Albecki

Apr 20, 2018, 9:09:21 AM4/20/18
to OpenLMIS Dev
I created several tickets for Stock Management screens, feel free to edit ticket descriptions and add feature requirements they should verify.

Paweł

josh....@openlmis.org

May 2, 2018, 11:53:02 AM5/2/18
to OpenLMIS Dev
Thanks for this Lukasz, this helps a lot.  I also agree with testing the happy path.  Edge cases would come next, however only if they couldn't be covered in a test that's lower in the test pyramid.

On another note, I'm thinking about taking the tests left to write in this functional epic you created (as well as what's left todo in the linked contract test epic) and consolidating them under the Architecture epic "Release faster and with more confidence".  My thinking is that at this point the automated testing gap is holding back on some of our continuous delivery aspirations.  Any concerns if I did that?

Best,

Josh

Łukasz Lewczyński

May 4, 2018, 1:24:20 AM5/4/18
to josh....@openlmis.org, OpenLMIS Dev
Hi Josh,

No, I don't have any concerns right now.

Regards,
Lukasz

Łukasz Lewczyński
Software Developer
llewc...@soldevelo.com

Paweł Albecki

May 4, 2018, 3:30:49 AM5/4/18
to Łukasz Lewczyński, Josh Zamor, OpenLMIS Dev
I think all contract tests and functional tests ticket should have some label if they don't have it's own epic.

Paweł Albecki
Software Developer
palb...@soldevelo.com