Pushing "SNAPSHOT" docker images right after build stage

已查看 6 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

jkon...@soldevelo.com

未读,
2018年6月14日 11:35:082018/6/14
收件人 OpenLMIS Dev
Hi all

Recently, it was suggested on Team Parrot's retrospective to push the docker images right after the build stage, so that we don't have to wait for sonar analysis/contract tests. I think this makes sense for 'master' branch - it would be nice to have the development server updated even if they fail. If there's more than one developer working on a repository, he wouldn't be blocked by sonar issues that are not related with his changes.
How do you like this idea? Should I go ahead and update our pipelines?

Best,
Jakub

Mateusz Kwiatkowski

未读,
2018年6月14日 13:09:152018/6/14
收件人 jkon...@soldevelo.com、OpenLMIS Dev
Hi Jakub,

I think that this is a good change, current approach is slowing down our QA process a little bit. With images published after successful build process (without contract tests and sonar analysis) we can deploy changes and QA them on test/uat server and deal with sonar/contract test issues in the same time. Also contract test logs sometimes do not contain all needed info for issue investigation so having those changes on test server allows us to work with logs on scalyr which is much easier.

Best regards,
Mateusz

SolDevelo
Sp. z o.o. [LLC] / www.soldevelo.com
Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451, Gdynia, Poland
Phone: +48 58 782 45 40 / Fax: +48 58 782 45 41

SolDevelo
Sp. z o.o. [LLC] / www.soldevelo.com
Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451, Gdynia, Poland
Phone: +48 58 782 45 40 / Fax: +48 58 782 45 41

Łukasz Lewczyński

未读,
2018年6月14日 23:58:382018/6/14
收件人 Mateusz Kwiatkowski、Jakub Kondrat、OpenLMIS Dev
Hi,

You have my vote. It is very annoying when a developer work is blocked because of someone else work that causes sonar/contract tests issues. For master branch we should avoid such situations because even if we provide incorrect changes we know that we would fix them shortly.

Regards,
Lukasz

Łukasz Lewczyński
Software Developer
llewc...@soldevelo.com

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 5:35 PM, <jkon...@soldevelo.com> wrote:
[...]

Chongsun Ahn

未读,
2018年6月15日 14:01:102018/6/15
收件人 Łukasz Lewczyński、Mateusz Kwiatkowski、Jakub Kondrat、OpenLMIS Dev
Hey everyone,

This makes sense to me. I have certainly been blocked several times because of Sonar bugs and the flakiness of the Requisition contract tests.

However, since this would affect the test server (I assume that’s what meant by the development server, and I assume we want to automatically deploy to test after the build), we would ensure we are not QAing on the test server (or any server which has a deployment before the contract tests pass), since those tests could catch issues that might be found during QA.

Shalom,
Chongsun

-- ​
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

Software Development Engineer

VillageReach Starting at the Last Mile
2900 Eastlake Ave. E, Suite 230,  Seattle, WA 98102, USA
DIRECT: 1.206.512.1536   CELL: 1.206.910.0973   FAX: 1.206.860.6972
SKYPE: chongsun.ahn.vr
Connect on Facebook, Twitter and our Blog

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子