POD endpoints name

Łukasz Lewczyński

Feb 8, 2018, 6:47:44 AM2/8/18
to Josh Zamor, OpenLMIS Dev, Sebastian Brudziński
Hi,

During the QA on OLMIS-3956 Joana suggests that I should change POD endpoints name from proofOfDeliveries to proofsOfDelivery because "Proof of Delivery" is the correct form - it's a proof of one delivery, not of multiple ones.

The question is should we change endpoints name? If we decide to change it, we should stay consistent with everything else like model, db schema, etc. Also this change breaks our naming conventions for rest resources.

For now I will stay with current name to avoid the renaming multiple times.

Regards,
Lukasz

Łukasz Lewczyński
Software Developer
llewc...@soldevelo.com

SolDevelo
Sp. z o.o. [LLC] / www.soldevelo.com
Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451, Gdynia, Poland
Phone: +48 58 782 45 40 / Fax: +48 58 782 45 41

Paweł Albecki

Feb 8, 2018, 9:15:35 AM2/8/18
to Łukasz Lewczyński, Josh Zamor, OpenLMIS Dev, Sebastian Brudziński
Our style guide says: Resource names should be pluralized and consistent. Neither proofOfDeliveries nor proofOfDelivery are in plural form so I would vote for change database column and resource name to proofsOfDelivery.

Regards,
Paweł

Paweł Albecki
Software Developer
palb...@soldevelo.com

Chongsun Ahn

Feb 8, 2018, 12:04:18 PM2/8/18
to Paweł Albecki, Łukasz Lewczyński, Josh Zamor, OpenLMIS Dev, Sebastian Brudziński
I agree with Paweł; the plural form of proof of delivery is proofs of delivery. The main noun is proof, so it is pluralized. Proof of deliveries would be a single proof of multiple deliveries.

I found this for proof of concept, which is similar: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/proof_of_concept

Shalom,
Chongsun

-- ​
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

Software Development Engineer

VillageReach Starting at the Last Mile
2900 Eastlake Ave. E, Suite 230,  Seattle, WA 98102, USA
DIRECT: 1.206.512.1536   CELL: 1.206.910.0973   FAX: 1.206.860.6972
SKYPE: chongsun.ahn.vr
Connect on Facebook, Twitter and our Blog

Sebastian Brudziński

Feb 9, 2018, 4:45:25 AM2/9/18
to openlm...@googlegroups.com

I guess the question is whether we should go ahead and modify all of our endpoints and database table names to match this. I think the external dependencies for those endpoints and tables are minimal for now, so there shouldn't be too much of a problem with this.

Sebastian Brudziński
Senior Software Developer / Team Leader
sbrud...@soldevelo.com

Brandon Bowersox-Johnson

Feb 9, 2018, 11:52:47 AM2/9/18
to Sebastian Brudziński, openlm...@googlegroups.com

+1 for changing the names now. Now is the easiest time to change it—while everything is still under construction. The cost and pain of changing later will be higher.

-Brandon

Łukasz Lewczyński

Feb 13, 2018, 12:01:13 AM2/13/18
to openlm...@googlegroups.com
I created a ticket to rename POD resource: OLMIS-4119. I also added it to the Backlog Grooming Sprint 47.

Łukasz Lewczyński
Software Developer
llewc...@soldevelo.com