Fresh Install Failing due to PostgreSQL v 9.1 not supporting ALTER TABLE IF EXISTS

Craig A

Dec 22, 2015, 2:21:28 PM12/22/15
to OpenLMIS Dev
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to perform a fresh install of OpenLMIS 2.0 for demo purposes. I created this issue in GitHub which shows incompatability between the PostgreSQL v. 9.1 and one of the migration scripts. I looked into upgrading the FlyWay version to support PostgreSQL 9.3, but it would be a big job. I also noticed that a lot of the migration scripts are in an archive folder, and the culprit is definitely in that folder as well. Do I need to execute those migrations? If not, is there a command I can provide to gradle that will skip everything in the "archive" directory?

The end goal is to be able to setup a local demo of OpenLMIS 2.0 for development and testing purposes. Is there an easier way? I attached the start of my install script for reference.

Sincerely,
Craig

Dev_OpenLMIS2_Install_Script.sh

Rich Magnuson

Dec 22, 2015, 3:07:35 PM12/22/15
to Craig A, OpenLMIS Dev

Hi Craig,

Postgres 9.2 is the minimum required.  I am running 9.4.4 (Windows) and was able to compile and run a fresh 2.0 branch pull.  I believe IF EXISTS was added to 9.2.

Was talking this over with Chongsun and he noted that the gradle build file specifies 9.1 – we are probably out of date in that respect.  Can you try 9.2 or higher and see if that resolves the issue?

Thanks - Rich

Rich Magnuson

Dec 29, 2015, 5:34:55 PM12/29/15
to OpenLMIS Dev, ca...@grameenfoundation.org
Small update:  the gradle tasks and readme were updated to specify Postgres 9.2.