Application Setup Request

Edwin Momanyi

May 26, 2018, 9:42:38 PM5/26/18
to OpenLMIS Dev
I'm working on a project that calls for us to

a. Install a LMIS solution- we opted for OpenLMIS and are also evaluating logistimo
b. Integrate the LMIS solution to Bahmi (EHS) , and the OpenERP and OpenLIS
My developers are skilled in installs however cant help with configuring and integrating the solution.

Looking to get some help in this forum- direct assistance from independently if ineed be to help move this project forward.

I am reachable on Ed...@blckd.co.ke or Edwin....@gmail.com

I ordinarilty wouldn't directly call out for help on a forum, we are on a time crunch hence the request.

Regards

Edwin

Sebastian Brudziński

May 28, 2018, 3:56:13 AM5/28/18
to Edwin Momanyi, OpenLMIS Dev

Hello Edwin.

Thank You for your interest in OpenLMIS and for reaching to us.

OpenLMIS v3 that is currently under active development is a set of micro services that expose REST APIs. A modularized UI is also a part of the reference distribution and can be used by implementations (but doesn't need to be). In order to get started (install) OpenLMIS, you will need Docker and Docker Compose on your host machine (Linux recommended). More on OpenLMIS v3 architecture here: http://openlmis.readthedocs.io/en/latest/architecture/index.html and more on each component here: http://openlmis.readthedocs.io/en/latest/components/index.html

The reference distribution that binds together all the micro services lives in the openlmis-ref-distro repository. It should be considered as a starting point for each installation. It can (and should be) customized to include the components you are interested in. There's also a bunch of default settings you may need to adjust as you get started. I'm attaching a direct link to the latest OpenLMIS reference distribution release: https://github.com/OpenLMIS/openlmis-ref-distro/tree/v3.3.0 The README contains instructions on getting started, installation and configuration of the application.

If you have any more specific questions or run into issues when setting up OpenLMIS, feel free to reach to us.

Best regards,
Sebastian.

Sebastian Brudziński
Senior Software Developer / Team Leader
sbrud...@soldevelo.com

SolDevelo
Sp. z o.o. [LLC] / www.soldevelo.com
Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81-451, Gdynia, Poland
Phone: +48 58 782 45 40 / Fax: +48 58 782 45 41

Josh Zamor

May 28, 2018, 1:02:04 PM5/28/18
to Sebastian Brudziński, Edwin Momanyi, OpenLMIS Dev
Welcome Edwin,

I’ll add on to Sebastian’s great intro a direct link to the developer on-boarding guide:

It can be found on our http://docs.openlmis.org site under “Contributing”.

I’ll also add that to my knowledge no one has yet added interoperability support between OpenLMIS and Bahmni, though it’s been on my mind quite a bit recently.  As Sebastian mentioned we have a well-documented public API that you could use, including support for FHIR Locations (with more mCSD support coming), Commodity Types, GS1 Trade ItemsOrderables and Lots/Batches.

Ideally if we were communicating stock in inventory, a purchase order or a delivery of goods we’d be using GS1 EDI standards to give us the most flexibility with other supply chain software, however at this time I don’t believe all of the systems mentioned support those GS1 compliant messages (OpenERP/Odoo might, I’m not sure nor am I sure if using it requires strict GS1 identified items).  It’s desired for OpenLMIS, but doesn’t yet have a delivery timeline and so the direct REST API’s might be your best approach if you have a very short timeline.

One last thing I’ll mention is that our larger implementations have learned the hard way that keeping the Product list synchronized between various systems (especially LMIS and ERP) can be an ongoing challenge.  There are discussions in the community on how to solve this Master Data challenge with a combination of a classification system and a Product Registry service (which ideally has a link to the GDSN).  It’s still early but I still hope we’ll see some early software this year that helps ease the burden.  If you’d like to know more I can certainly share.

We’d love to hear more about your implementation and lend any support we can.  In particular I’m wondering what your use cases for interoperability are?  Do you want to centralize inventory reports from OpenELIS and OpenERP in OpenLMIS?  Do you want to perform Report and Requisitions?  Or perhaps have OpenLMIS enable a more full resupply workflow between various Bahmni installations?

Thanks for reaching out.

Best,
Josh

Josh Zamor