Unit testing recommendations

lkuk...@soldevelo.com

Jun 8, 2016, 11:36:54 AM6/8/16
to OpenLMIS Dev
Hello. I have been working on ticket OLMIS-598 and I just wrote quick recommendations for developing unit tests. Could you suggest me, where upload this document? I'm also attaching the document and I will be grateful for your opinions.
Leszek Kukiełka
UT recommendations.pdf

Darius Jazayeri

Jun 8, 2016, 7:24:32 PM6/8/16
to lkuk...@soldevelo.com, OpenLMIS Dev
These should go on the wiki. And rather than "recommendations", it's best to think of this as "setting conventions for the OpenLMIS dev community."

I would advise creating a "Conventions" page either under https://openlmis.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OP/OpenLMIS+Coding+Standards or directly under the Developer Guide page.

Here's an example from OpenMRS: https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/LwAJ I wouldn't follow this exactly, but note the idea that there are conventions about quite a few different things.

Also, I would suggest that this goes a lot better with a code example, or even better, if each convention links to a real code example from our code on github, showing how things should be done.

-Darius

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 10:36 AM, lkuk...@soldevelo.com <lkuk...@soldevelo.com> wrote:
Hello. I have been working on ticket OLMIS-598 and I just wrote quick recommendations for developing unit tests. Could you suggest me, where upload this document? I'm also attaching the document and I will be grateful for your opinions.
Leszek Kukiełka

Darius JazayeriPrincipal Architect - Global Health
ThoughtWorks

Josh Zamor

Jun 8, 2016, 8:33:55 PM6/8/16
to Darius Jazayeri, lkuk...@soldevelo.com, OpenLMIS Dev
Agreed.  Yesterday I did post a STYLE-GUIDE.md working document (markdown) in the openlmis-template-service repository where we should be posting conventions.  If the one file grows too large we can break it up.  Lets use that as opposed to the wiki for now.

Josh Zamor

Jun 8, 2016, 8:36:17 PM6/8/16
to Darius Jazayeri, lkuk...@soldevelo.com, OpenLMIS Dev

lkuk...@soldevelo.com