OL Cesium and Point Clouds

brian_...@trimble.com

Aug 6, 2018, 5:25:21 PM8/6/18
to OpenLayers Dev
Does anyone know if OL Cesium supports point clouds?

I'm trying to load Cesium ION source as in this example:

but the church does not render. Looking at the network tab, I see calls being made to the tileset, but the URL seems incorrect when comparing to the sandbox example.

brian_...@trimble.com

Aug 6, 2018, 6:15:20 PM8/6/18
to OpenLayers Dev
Investigating this a little bit more.

Looks like Cesium is loading about 211 point cloud files (n.pnt). With OL - Cesium, over a thousand requests are made, and nothing renders.

Guillaume Beraudo

Aug 7, 2018, 2:45:12 AM8/7/18
to OpenLayers Dev
Hi,

Point clouds is a pure Cesium feature and OL-Cesium should not affect it.
Do you have a minimal example?

Guillaume Beraudo

Brian Behling

Aug 7, 2018, 12:15:13 PM8/7/18
to openlay...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on a public example. Posted this to github yesterday.

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 3:25:21 PM UTC-6, (unknown) wrote:
Does anyone know if OL Cesium supports point clouds?

I'm trying to load Cesium ION source as in this example:

but the church does not render. Looking at the network tab, I see calls being made to the tileset, but the URL seems incorrect when comparing to the sandbox example.

Brian Behling

Sr. Web Engineer | CEC

10368 Westmoor Dr, Westminster, CO 80021

Brian Behling

Aug 7, 2018, 4:57:38 PM8/7/18
to openlay...@googlegroups.com
This issue is happening in an app using just Cesium. Will update when problem is found.

Brian Behling

Aug 7, 2018, 8:03:33 PM8/7/18
to openlay...@googlegroups.com

Talked to Sean Lilley @ cesium, appears there is a breaking change in Cesium 1.48 and 3D Tiles. I was having the same problem in another not using ol-cesium until I upgrade to the latest NPM package.

Can ol-cesium be upgraded to use the latest Cesium build?

Guillaume Beraudo

Aug 8, 2018, 3:08:25 AM8/8/18
to OpenLayers Dev
Hi Brian,

The latest version of OL-Cesium (2.2, released yesterday) is based on Cesium 1.48.
Have you tested with it?

Guillaume

--

Brian Behling

Sr. Web Engineer | CEC

10368 Westmoor Dr, Westminster, CO 80021

--

Brian Behling

Sr. Web Engineer | CEC

10368 Westmoor Dr, Westminster, CO 80021

Brian Behling

Aug 8, 2018, 3:06:50 PM8/8/18
to openlay...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guillaume.

I ran into issues loading the Open Layer libs after the latest build. As soon as I get that figured out, I'll test the point clouds / building models.

Brian Behling

Sr. Web Engineer | CEC

10368 Westmoor Dr, Westminster, CO 80021

--

Brian Behling

Sr. Web Engineer | CEC

10368 Westmoor Dr, Westminster, CO 80021

--

Brian Behling

Sr. Web Engineer | CEC

10368 Westmoor Dr, Westminster, CO 80021

Guillaume Beraudo

Aug 9, 2018, 3:27:33 AM8/9/18
to OpenLayers Dev
Hi Brian,

There are some discussions about this in the issues, notably https://github.com/openlayers/ol-cesium/pull/628 which proposes a solution.
I have published 2.2.1 with this change so that you can test more easily.

Cheers,

Guillaume Beraudo