meson support

stefan cervo

Apr 7, 2020, 5:22:02 AM4/7/20
to OpenJPEG
Hi,

Using openjpeg in a gstreamer element (gst-openjpegdec/enc), I needed to have a meson support in openjpeg to integrate the build with GStreamer gst-build which is now exclusively using Meson.
Meson allows to integrate multiple projects in a very handy and gentle way with a very low cost of development.

The patch is available on my personal github with the PR: https://github.com/uclouvain/openjpeg/pull/1242

The idea was to provide all the libraries available in the openjpeg repository.

Let me know if you are interested.

Stéphane

TEJASVEE BISEN

Apr 7, 2020, 6:28:11 AM4/7/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but could you please elaborate the feature of gstreamer element.

OpenJPEG is mainly supported by :
* UCL Image and Signal Processing Group (http://sites.uclouvain.be/ispgroup)
* IntoPIX (www.intopix.com)
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenJPEG" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openjpeg/6319381a-6658-462f-80f7-037fcbc90e72%40googlegroups.com.

scerveau

Apr 7, 2020, 12:04:53 PM4/7/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
Sure.

Openjpeg is part of the gst-plugins-bad offer and since 1.17, gstreamer
is using Meson as its main build system. Meson offers a very handy
flexibility to add and remove subprojects with the wrap feature.

https://wrapdb.mesonbuild.com/

A lot of project can now be built by meson and be directly added to the
gstreamer build via gst-build.
As a first step, I wanted first to offer the build port to the official
repository, but I will understand that it could be an extra effort to
maintain it.

Best regards.

Stéphane