Getting started with enocean binding and OpenHAB2

Thomas Goldschmidt

Aug 3, 2015, 3:13:02 AM8/3/15
to openhab2
Hi all,

I would like to get started with enocean together with openhab2. Now the question is where to start. I alreasy had a look at the new implementation of the enocean binding in the smarthome project. However, this currently seems to be far from a usable state (e.g., no EEPs implemented to far). I already had a look at the "old" 1.7 binding which however only supports sensors and no actuators. Finally, I checked the binding created by aleon: https://github.com/aleon-GmbH/aleoncean-openhab-binding/ and already had some success running it with openHAB 1.7. However, also there the problem is that there are still some EEPs missing I would like to use.

I would also be willing to contribute to any of the projects and the bindings. But before spending any efforts on any of the projects I would like to know if there are any plans on how to proceed with the enocean bindings in general.

Anyone who can help me here?

Cheers,
Thomas

Kai Kreuzer

Aug 3, 2015, 3:53:39 AM8/3/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for asking here before starting any developments :-)

I alreasy had a look at the new implementation of the enocean binding in the smarthome project.

Note that there is no EnOcean binding at Eclipse SmartHome. All there is is an OSGi EnOcean base driver reference implementation. This could be used as a basis for an EnOcean binding, but there are indeed many pieces missing to make it a binding. Nonetheless, I think the guys who built this base driver were looking at implementing an EnOcean binding on top of it as well - so I think we should discuss with them.
As EnOcean support is of general interest for Eclipse SmartHome, I would therefore suggest to move the discussion over there: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1069025&goto=1703566&#msg_1703566

Best regards,
Kai