Call for Support: Add speakers to the Open Speakers Database

Joseph Mcarthur

Oct 5, 2015, 8:12:54 AM10/5/15
to OpenCon DISCUSSION LIST
Hey everyone,

The Right to Research Coalition are building a global database of Open Access, Open Research Data and Open Education speakers. We need your help to add people to the database, which you can do in less than a minute here

We've already listed over 100 speakers from around the world, however, we know that's just scratching the surface. With your support this will become a useful community resource for advocates around the world. You can see and search the database here

You don't need to be a world class speaker to be a part of the database. You're encouraged to add yourself, and other speakers (from local, national or international events). We're especially keen to get students and early career researchers on the list, so don't be shy!

If you want to go one step further to support this initiative you could:
  • Share the database on social media
  • Send this email to conference and event organizers
  • Look at the program of conferences you've previously attended and add speakers
The code and data used to make the database are openly licence and steps have been taken to cater for requests to be removed and protect private information. Thank you to everyone who contributes in advance,
--
Joseph McArthur
Assistant Director: Right to Research Coalition