OpenCon 2016 Satellite Events

Lorraine Chuen

Jul 21, 2016, 4:47:07 PM7/21/16
to OpenCon Discussion List

Hi everyone,

We recently published a piece on the OpenCon blog about some improvements we’re making to the satellite program this year. For those unfamiliar, OpenCon satellite events are held in partnership with the main global meeting, and typically combine content, themes and ideas from the main meeting with local talks or activities. You can read our blog post here!

We’d love if you could circulate the blog post, or our general webpage about hosting satellite events, to anyone you know who might be interested in hosting an event this year.  We’re also happy to hear any suggestions or ideas you might have to improving how satellites are run this year.

Finally, for anyone who might be interested in hosting and wants to learn more, the OpenCon Community Call on Wednesday (July 27 - 12pm EDT / 5pm BST / 6pm CEST / 4pm UCT) will focus on satellite events.  We’re inviting anyone interested in hosting a satellite event this year to join the call and hear from past hosts, discuss their concerns, and start the process of organizing. If people find the call useful, we’ll be happy to expand this to a regular monthly OpenCon community call.  You can RSVP for the call here

Cheers,

Lorraine