openATTIC 3.7.0 has been released

Tatjana Dehler

Aug 8, 2018, 8:55:30 AM8/8/18
to openATTIC Users
We're happy to announce version 3.7.0 of openATTIC!

Version 3.7.0 is the first bugfix release of the 3.7 stable branch, containing fixes for
multiple issues that were mainly reported by users.

There has been an issue with self-signed certificates in combination with the RGW
proxy which is now configurable. We also improved the openATTIC user experience
and adapted some of our frontend tests in order to make them more stable.

As mentioned in our last blog post our team was working on a Spanish translation.
We are very proud to have the translation included in this release. Thank you
Gustavo for your contribution.

Another highlight of the release is then newly added RBD snapshot management.
openATTIC is now capable to create, clone, rollback, protect/unprotect and delete
RBD snapshots. In addition it is also possible to copy RBD images now.
Furthermore the "pool edit" feature received a slight update: we implemented the
option to set the "EC overwrite" flag when editing erasure coded pools.

Your feedback, ideas and bug reports are very welcome. If you would like to
get in touch with us, consider visiting our #openattic
channel on irc.freenode.net or reply to this post.

See the list below for a more detailed change log and further references. The
OP codes in brackets refer to individual Jira issues that provide additional
details on each item. You can review these on our public Jira instance.

Changelog for version 3.7.0

Added
* WebUI/backend: added RBD snapshot management (create, clone, rollback,
  protect/unprotect, delete) (OP-2569)
* WebUI/backend: added support for copying RBD images (OP-3150)
* WebUI: Add spanish translation to openATTIC (OP-3165)

Changed
* WebUI/QA: Reduced PG creation during e2e pool creation tests (OP-3011)
* WebUI: The selected language will be saved now, even if the page is
  reloaded (OP-3160)

Fixed
* WebUI: added support for enabling EC overwrite on existing pools (OP-3158)
* WebUI: fixed typo in RBD creation form (OP-3148)
* WebUI: Ignore unused operations on the CRUSH Map Editor (OP-3154)
* WebUI: "Last Change" column not displayed in Pools table (OP-3162)
* WebUI: 404 not found when increasing number of rows displayed in a
  table (OP-3163)
* WebUI/QA: Fixed timing issue with scrub e2e tests (OP-3152)
* Backend: RGW proxy can't handle self-signed SSL certificates (OP-3161)
* Backend: REST API didn't respond in time (OP-3164)

Valentin Atanassov

Oct 2, 2018, 4:20:39 AM10/2/18
to openATTIC Users
Hi, Thanks for beautiful project. Everything is working OK except deploring openattic and igw because of lrbd is missing in stage 4. You should add following repository for Leap 42.3  to your documentation:

Lenz Grimmer

Oct 2, 2018, 4:27:55 AM10/2/18
to openatt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Valentin,

On 10/2/18 10:20 AM, Valentin Atanassov wrote:

> Hi, Thanks for beautiful project. Everything is working OK except
> deploring openattic and igw because of lrbd is missing in stage 4. You
> should add following repository for Leap 42.3  to your documentation:
>
> zypper addrepo https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:swiftgist/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/home:swiftgist.repo

Thanks for letting us know! This likely only needs to be done on the
nodes that are assigned to the iSCSI target role. I wonder if this is
something that DeepSea should take care of during the deployment. I'll
forward your comment to their mailing list for comments.

Lenz

--
SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

signature.asc

Valentin Atanassov

Oct 2, 2018, 4:35:10 AM10/2/18
to openATTIC Users
I have posted this because is affecting openattic deployment at stage 4. Probably deepsea team should attend to it. IGW  is very important  feature of the project. Thanks

Valentin Atanassov

Oct 3, 2018, 3:09:58 AM10/3/18
to openATTIC Users
I am also having trouble with this:
 An error was encountered while installing package(s): Zypper command failure: Package 'python-prometheus-client' not found.
I can see that python-prometheus_client package exist in repositories but not python-prometheus-client. Is it typo in deepsea instead  "-client
" is "_client"

Valentin Atanassov

Oct 4, 2018, 4:14:14 AM10/4/18
to openATTIC Users

New installation. Everything works except dashboard.

At the same time if I use port 3000. Grafana is working:

Any help will be appreciated. Ceph cluster and openattic deployed via deepsea without any errors.

Kai Wagner

Oct 4, 2018, 5:47:36 PM10/4/18
to Valentin Atanassov, openATTIC Users

Hi Valentin,

can you please check the "Settings" page?

Are the auto configured config options for the Grafana server correct?

Kai

Valentin Atanassov

Oct 5, 2018, 1:04:34 AM10/5/18
to openATTIC Users
It seems to be OK
Have green mark on all four connection.
openattic.png

Patrick Nawracay

Oct 5, 2018, 3:17:08 AM10/5/18
to Valentin Atanassov, openATTIC Users

Hi Valentin,

as we haven't changed anything on the Grafana integration, I wonder what happened to the deployment.

However, despite the correct configuration on the settings page, Grafana needs to have the correct dashboard names, so that openATTIC is able to access the dashboards. DeepSea usually does that right, but in this case it may hasn't.

Has DeepSea deployed any dashboards? If so, what are their names?

What's the version of Grafana you're using?

Patrick

signature.asc

Valentin Atanassov

Oct 5, 2018, 3:59:05 AM10/5/18
to openATTIC Users
The following dashboard I can see are:
Ceph-cluster,ceph-rbd,ceph-osd etc...
All of them are working correctly when I access them via node:3000. Where  I can see what names deepsea is using for grafana dashboards?
Grafana version is 5.1.3
dashboard.png

Valentin Atanassov

Oct 5, 2018, 5:36:16 AM10/5/18
to openATTIC Users
Ok, I have figured out this problem. Grafana 5 is not working with openATTIC. We should use Grafana 4. I have removed Grafana and install old version grafana-4.6.4-1.x86_64.rpm. Everything is working now!
grafana 4.png

Kai Wagner

Oct 6, 2018, 1:27:11 AM10/6/18
to openatt...@googlegroups.com

Hi Valentin,

thanks for reporting this. I already created an issue for that. We'll take a look at it.

https://tracker.openattic.org/browse/OP-3173

Thanks,

Kai

Valentin Atanassov

Oct 11, 2018, 5:52:05 AM10/11/18
to openATTIC Users
I have seen that "Successor of openATTIC will be Ceph Dashboard. "  and  issue has been  closed. Is that mean  in the feature we have to deal with Ceph Dashboard.?  Ceph dashboard is "read only" at the moment, it can not mange or deploy cluster.

Patrick Nawracay

Oct 15, 2018, 5:46:43 AM10/15/18
to Valentin Atanassov, openATTIC Users

Hi Valentin,

Ceph Dashboard is currently under heavy development by (but not exclusively) the openATTIC team.

We've added a lot of features and it's no longer read-only in Ceph Mimic. But we still have to add more features to reach feature parity with openATTIC, which is one of our commited goals. Ceph Dashboard will be released with the next Ceph release, as it's part of the Ceph repository. Some of it's bug fixes will also be backported to previous Ceph versions.

We will continue to support openATTIC for the forseeable future, providing bug fixes and maybe also some features. But, to my current knowledge, there will be a point in time where openATTIC will be deprecated in favor of Ceph Dashboard. This will not happen  before Ceph Dashboard is at least on par with openATTIC (feature wise). It is very likely that Ceph Dashboard will supersede openATTIC before we will drop the support for it.

I am happy to say that the Grafana 5 integration of Ceph Dashboard has recently been merged to master, but we're still working on adding and improving the related Grafana dashboards.

Patrick

signature.asc

Valentin Atanassov

Oct 15, 2018, 7:23:25 AM10/15/18
to openATTIC Users
Thank you for explanation. Since Mimic is almost impossible  to install on any Linux flavor right now, I will patiently wait.