Temp issue with pi/hat rig - Any idea?

Thomas H.

Aug 25, 2019, 3:37:01 PM8/25/19
to OpenAPS Dev
First steps with the closed loop today.
Found the rig to become very hot, when connecting a battery (Turnigy 2000mAh, 1S 1C Lipo).
The glue of the small display even became loose and the material of the printed case became soft.
When disconnecting the battery, temp goes back to a reasonable level.
Is this a known issue or does anybody have any ideas?

BR,
Thomas

Joshua Slade

Aug 25, 2019, 8:37:39 PM8/25/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com
I did have my rig overheat once like that once. It was either a bad connection on the battery, or the antenna was sitting a connection on the board, I had both issues during there same week, and it was almost a year ago so can't remember which it was.

Thomas H.

hudelot

Aug 27, 2019, 5:00:20 AM8/27/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com

I had some overheating which triggered safe mode for the edison (loop interrupted) but it never reach the kind of temperature that you describe.

I use a 2500mAh Liion 18650 (20C ... quite an overkill).

Cheers,

Patrick

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openaps-dev/878230a8-b4ee-41e9-a839-3d5fb2942f25%40googlegroups.com..