start guiding button won't turn green

Optique video

Sep 8, 2021, 12:27:24 PM9/8/21
to Open PHD Guiding
Hey all, thanks for answering me as i'm new to this process.

I have a star adventurer star tracker along with a altair 120m guiding camera, so im using that ST4 cable as i dont have a goto mount (maybe in the future but just starting here).

So i get my signal in phd2, i select a star, everything works fine. The issue is that after selecting my star, my auto-guiding button doesnt turn green so I can't start the process of guiding ever.

any idea's ? thanks all

bw_msgboard

Sep 8, 2021, 11:32:03 PM9/8/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Just curious, have you carefully read the 'Basic Use' section of the manual?  To give you a definitive explanation, we need to see your log files:

https://openphdguiding.org/getting-help/

One obvious explanation is that you haven't established a mount connection in PHD2.  For an ST-4 interface, that needs to be 'On-camera'.  Look in the status bar at the colored icons to the right:

If the right-most "ball" isn't green, hover the mouse over it to see what device isn't connected.

Bruce

Sep 9, 2021, 1:17:33 AM9/9/21
to Open PHD Guiding
hi bruce, yes i selected the on-camera option as mount connection. I will look at those green indicators tho next time i use it (probably friday), and get a log going if its still not working :) thanks for the input

bw_msgboard

Sep 9, 2021, 1:24:35 AM9/9/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Well, if you can't try again until Friday, why don't you send us the log files.  Yes, you have them, they are still there ready to be uploaded.

Bruce

Sep 9, 2021, 3:19:28 PM9/9/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
You're not connecting to the mount, only to the camera.  You need to do a 'connect all' in the 'Connect Equipment" dialog once you have the profile configured properly.  Also, you apparently have an app running that's trying to control guiding - you need to eliminate that until you've figured out how all this works and can reliably get guiding to work on its own. There were also times when you were evidently trying to use an ASCOM camera connection and that didn't work because ASCOM isn't installed on your system or didn't get installed correctly.

Regards,
Bruce

Sep 13, 2021, 8:07:35 AM9/13/21
to Open PHD Guiding

I found the error, I had to change an option in advanced settings, since im not using any go-to mount:

dec.JPG