Suitable Guide Camera

mike Shuter

Sep 14, 2021, 8:19:06 AM9/14/21
to Open PHD Guiding
I'm guiding at the moment with an Altair 224 but now want to use this for imaging and looking for a cheap
alternative guide camera to go with PHD2.
I've found this webcam  Trust SpotLight Pro. Megapixel: 1.3 MP, Maximum video resolution: 1280 x 1024 pixels, Maximum frame rate: 30 fps. Interface: USB 2.0 .
Would this be a suitable camera to use with PHD2 at 4 sec exposure ?

Any advise appreciated.

Mike.

David Kerber

Sep 14, 2021, 9:00:21 AM9/14/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
It's hard to know if it's going to be suitable without knowing how sensitive it is. If it advertises that it's good in low light situations, then it will probably work. Otherwise, it's hard to say. I have been successful in the past guiding with a basic webcam on bright stars, but couldn't always find one in my FOV when I needed it.