strange ascom error message while guiding with latest phd 2, sgp and astrophysics ascom drivere

charles jacobson

Sep 9, 2021, 3:20:29 PM9/9/21
to Open PHD Guiding
during normal guiding with my MACH 1 at 1 arc second the following error message popped up for a second time, "disable synchronous pulseguide option in mounts ascom driver setting".  Where did this come from and what to do about is the question.  i Tthink the context was that if I did not do something guiding would suffer.  Sure enough a little while later the guiding fell apart but a 2 am I was too tired to argue and just quit. thanks.
I believe I have the latest drivers.

bw_msgboard

Sep 9, 2021, 3:28:49 PM9/9/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
At least sometime in the past, there was a timing bug in the AP driver that would cause problems if you had chosen synchronous pulse-guiding.  That is not the default setting and there's no reason to use it.  PHD2 can't know whether this option is enabled so the message is just a suggestion.  If you have set this option in the driver, you should turn it off.  Otherwise, it would be better to send us your guiding and debug log files so we can see what happened.

Regards,
Bruce

Sep 12, 2021, 3:19:03 PM9/12/21
to Open PHD Guiding
I have pasted my guide log; https://openphdguiding.org/logs/dl/PHD2_logs_Suqf.zip
It looks like I just lost the guide star but will see what you all think.  Any way guiding just fell apart as I wandered off.

bw_msgboard

Sep 12, 2021, 5:27:14 PM9/12/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
It looks like you've posted the wrong log files.  Your original post was on September 9 but the logs you sent cover a night session starting at 20:40 on September 2.  There is no alert message of the type you're asking about in these logs.  When you use the log uploader feature, you have to pay attention to the dates of the files, there can be as many as 30 days worth on your system.

The logs you sent show a real mess but I doubt they're relevant to your question  - but they're suggestive of big operational problems while trying to use an automated imaging app.

Bruce